LegacyGT.com

Car storage with style and service

mwiener2

Car storage fees in the area for a 10x20 unconditioned storage space are around $125 a month.

I propose storage with style and service. Your car would be parked in a clean, open floor garage. The space is heated and monitored on a daily basis. You call up on Thursday saying you want to have your car for the weekend, I'll have it washed and waxed and ready to go by Friday afternoon. When you bring it back, you ask for an oil change before it gets put to bed.

How much would you guys pay to have a storage service like this? Would you even consider using a space like this? Would you rather have a flat fee that includes basic maintenance and washings, or have those services offered a la carte?

Just a feeler for now

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I would like something like that. I am about to go to Afghanistan for a year. I don't want to leave her in the garage, I don't want to leave her in a storage unit either. I want to leave it with someone that will drive her around once a month or so, make sure the oil is changed, wash her every now and then so that the dirt on her doesn't ruin her paint. I want her ready for pickup when my wife gets back from Korea.

Out here in Utah I can get a storage unit for $100'ish a month or keep her at home for free. However, like stated above, I need her taken care of. I would be willing to pay $250'ish/month and have like an a la'-carte menu for people to add on things (washing, waxing, interior, driving vs. stationary, insurance). So say I have you keep her for 6 months, it should include the storage, maintenance, and prep for pick-up. Just trying to help you with some ideas. :)

My agent is looking into it for me, but the other storage businesses I talked to said it's minimal. When you sign your storage contract, you are saying that your personal insurance will cover your property and the storage company is not liable for your personal stuff.

I'd probably adopt a similar policy.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• 2 weeks later...
Do you know anymore info about the Utah place?

Hey, just give me the keys to your house and I'll take care of the car for you. And the house. And your internet. And your cable. :lol:

I'm right down the street.

Sorry for the Thread-Jack... $250ish sounds way steep.

Hey, just give me the keys to your house and I'll take care of the car for you. And the house. And your internet. And your cable. :lol:

I'm right down the street.

Sorry for the Thread-Jack... $250ish sounds way steep.

So what you're saying is that you will pay me so that you can have a "man house" all to your self?

Archived