LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

super bummed right now fellas, pretty sure my rear main seal jist went out tonight. On a very short drive home from my girls parents after Easter dinner I started smelling something burning. Made it home in about 5 mins and after further inspection I find oil layin on my skid and splashed all over the exhaust directly behind the motor. such a bummer

super bummed right now fellas, pretty sure my rear main seal jist went out tonight. On a very short drive home from my girls parents after Easter dinner I started smelling something burning. Made it home in about 5 mins and after further inspection I find oil layin on my skid and splashed all over the exhaust directly behind the motor. such a bummer

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion it's the rear main seal. The turbo oil line and turbo oil pan are all potential oil leak. It may be an easier fix than the rear main oil seal.

I honestly believe people had a better time at movies/plays/circus before the cellphone could take pictures or record video.

I had to use almost every ounce of will power to not tell a couple in front of me to please stop recording the performance. It wasn't continuous, but it happened at least a half a dozen times for a good two to three minutes...yes, they pretty much recorded a good 20 minutes.

Knowing myself, I didn't say anything because I know I would soon escalate it.

Is it worth it to go out anymore to live shows or movies?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion it's the rear main seal. The turbo oil line and turbo oil pan are all potential oil leak. It may be an easier fix than the rear main oil seal.

I hope it's something that's an easier fix, I'll know more tomorrow. the car was running fine no warning lights, just could smell the oil burning on the hot exhaust and then i could see some puddled on the skid plate or splash guard whatever ya call it

Probably not the angles of the mufflers seems to be different. I was going to do the same thing, but when I compared the images of the 6th gen and 5th they looked to be significantly different.

I was thinking maybe the hangers are different. Guess I'll just hope a 5th gen nameless muffler or muffler delete pops up somewhere, don't wanna pay for new, but wanna see if I can get something that's just a bit louder than my current axleback.

More ongoing problems with not getting e-mail notifications about replies to threads I am subscribed to......... This has been going on for months!! I changed my e-mail address on the Forum so that the notifications did not have to go through my normal server which had been blocking them in the past. I switched to G-Mail and that worked for a few weeks but not anymore :( At a guess I would say there have been around a hundred replies to my subscribed threads since the last notification I received.

I am going to unsubscribe from all those threads and then re-subscribe (Again) to see if it helps.....am I the only one who has these problems??

I have posted these issues on the "Website questions" thread...no reply at all....and I have sent SBT the same info....no reply.

HELP!!!

When you say you're not getting the email notifications, which email account are you referring to? If you're not getting them in your Gmail account, then that could be a bit strange, but likely solvable since Gmail has various folders that it may default emails into based on what it assumes you would want... until you tell it otherwise. Check the spam folder for this account.

If, instead, you're not getting the forwarded emails to what I presume is some ISP or business email address, then I suspect the provider has flagged your Gmail account as spam and is blocking those emails just as they did initially with the forum email sender. In short, they seem to be pretty aggressive in blocking what they consider to be high volume senders and are trying to "protect" their users. You can try contacting them again to confirm and explain that they are blocking a personal email address. But I'm going to assume they'll be just as helpful here as they were previously. I assume this scenario is your actual problem since they've already exhibited this behavior recently for what I assume would be a similar volume of incoming emails from just one address.

Additionally, there's pretty much nothing SBT can do here except confirm the forum's emailer is still working and direct you to your own email provider for more information. Since this doesn't appear to be a widespread problem, it's safe to say the problem exists with your email settings or provider.

Edited by Ellesedil

I honestly believe people had a better time at movies/plays/circus before the cellphone could take pictures or record video.

I had to use almost every ounce of will power to not tell a couple in front of me to please stop recording the performance. It wasn't continuous, but it happened at least a half a dozen times for a good two to three minutes...yes, they pretty much recorded a good 20 minutes.

Knowing myself, I didn't say anything because I know I would soon escalate it.

Is it worth it to go out anymore to live shows or movies?

Probably not, if you are going to be upset with other people as easily as you seem to be. People experience things in different ways. Just take a breath and get on with enjoying your life. ;)

When you say you're not getting the email notifications, which email account are you referring to? If you're not getting them in your Gmail account, then that could be a bit strange, but likely solvable since Gmail has various folders that it may default emails into based on what it assumes you would want... until you tell it otherwise. Check the spam folder for this account.

If, instead, you're not getting the forwarded emails to what I presume is some ISP or business email address, then I suspect the provider has flagged your Gmail account as spam and is blocking those emails just as they did initially with the forum email sender. In short, they seem to be pretty aggressive in blocking what they consider to be high volume senders and are trying to "protect" their users. You can try contacting them again to confirm and explain that they are blocking a personal email address. But I'm going to assume they'll be just as helpful here as they were previously. I assume this scenario is your actual problem since they've already exhibited this behavior recently for what I assume would be a similar volume of incoming emails from just one address.

Additionally, there's pretty much nothing SBT can do here except confirm the forum's emailer is still working and direct you to your own email provider for more information. Since this doesn't appear to be a widespread problem, it's safe to say the problem exists with your email settings or provider.

OK....here is the situation....for years (Since I joined LGT.com in 2006) I have been getting my e-mail notifications at my normal e-mail address which is through Shaw.ca.... in the last year they started coming marked as "Shaw suspected junk mail" but I still got them.....then after a while they simply stopped all together. Shaw confirms that through a security site called Barracuda that all e-mail from LGT.com to a Shaw account is blocked because Barracuda sees the forum as a spam site (Too many e-mails coming from the site to suit them) Shaw cannot reverse this!

So I switched my e-mail on the forum to a G-mail acct.....that worked fine and I set up G-mail to forward all my e-mail to my Shaw account where I use Thundrerbird as my e-mail client.....that worked great for a few weeks then it all stopped again.....nothing getting to G-mail so nothing to my Shaw account. So recently I posted my problems on here and "Presto" it started working again:confused: ATM it is working at what I think is about 50% effectiveness.... I get notifications but when I check the forum to read the replies I see that I have missed multiple replies that should have triggered notifications.

I have had many forum members make suggestions about it being my account settings ...... That is NOT the problem..........somewhere between the LGT sending out e-mail notifications and my e-mail accounts some of them go missing in the ether:rolleyes:

I have tried everything I can and will just endure the issues until I get tired of chasing them....thanks for the response.

Edited by Scooby Fan

I stumbled across a guy selling an RCE 25 mm rear sway bar from his 2015 wrx. I know its a confirmed fit reading multiple posts. But my question is that what end links will be best for that size sway bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stumbled across a guy selling an RCE 25 mm rear sway bar from his 2015 wrx. I know its a confirmed fit reading multiple posts. But my question is that what end links will be best for that size sway bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a specific recommendation, but any beefy set of endlinks intended for the same model WRX/STI should work fine, since we can share those as well. There's a lot of market options for those. Definitely don't keep stock, the bar being a full 9 mm thicker than stock size will likely snap those twigs quick haha.

Got my inspection sticker today. The attendant kinda gave my primitive skid plate a side eyed look, but other than that nothing seemed to make him blink. I noticed that they're a lot more thorough looking for things, but I passed. Not sure they even noticed the AVO J-pipe

Anybody here attempt or run a KB dual reservoir tank? Want to buy, as my washer tank had to be moved out of the way (zip tied) for the FMIC piping.... it should. Just would like some pics of 5th gen set ups.
Yeah, pretty sure someone did....but can't for the life of me remember their name. He's in MD and doesn't post very much any more. He's on E85, running speed density. The guy that had the Moore blast plates modified to fit after he had his trans rebuilt.

Dark grey car with yellow Brembos IIRC.