LegacyGT.com

Accessport Corruption

After starting my car this morning the accessport displayed an error message stating it had detected corruption. I don't recall the exact message and I stupidly neglected to take a picture of the screen on the AP before hitting ok. Then the AP displayed a second message ( I did get a pic of this one) stating "the user filesystem has been successfully created. Please connect to Accessport Manager to restore your ECU data backup and to restore custom maps." It seems as though the AP has reverted back to system default. I checked the maps and it says i'm running an unknown map. Drove to work VERY timidly (about 4 miles).

Some info on the car/set up:

2006 5MT

aside from a k&n air filter, car is essentially stock.

been running Cobb OTS stage 1 map since April

I've been using the AP as a gauge cluster - utilizing auto-off feature/left plugged in.

Interestingly - there have been a few times where the AP didnt shut itself off. Since noticing this, I've been manually turning off the AP and disconnecting from OBD cord.

I'm stuck at work and won't be able to plug the AP into my laptop until I get home but am hoping to get some input/advice in the interim. Will post an update this afternoon after I connect to Accessport Manager.

No maps found on AP when I connected to AP manager. Loaded OTS stage 1 on 91 octane. ECU flashed without issue but now the car seems to idle rough and feels lije its going to stall. Going to raise the idle level and see if that remedies the issue

How much did you drive it? After a flash, it takes a bit of driving for the ECU to sort out the idle again. I just did this yesterday, by the time I was done running errands the idle had smoothed out. But in the process she stalled once and threatened to a number of times.

Drove about 10 city miles and when approaching most of the stops felt the roughness. This morning drove another 4 but it did seem like the roughness was less frequent. Will drive around this afternoon and follow up.

you dont actually need to keep the accessport plugged in unless you need the gauges or logging. I keep mine disconnected unless i am switching maps, resetting the ecu, logging, or monitoring something.

you dont actually need to keep the accessport plugged in unless you need the gauges or logging. I keep mine disconnected unless i am switching maps, resetting the ecu, logging, or monitoring something.

Another fan of this. I don't like the idea of something hanging out of the OBD2 port. IMO the car wasn't made to have that done to it all the time.

I can't remember the last time I plugged in the Cobb AP. The cars run fine without them.

I will tell you these cars don't like to be driven a short distance, then shut off all the time.

Those of us with high mileage have very few problems if any.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm happy to say the stubble/roughness is gone! I've been using the AP as a gauge cluster but would be completely okay unplugging and storing it until reflash/logging. In regards to the statement that our cars don't like to be driven short distances, what would be a more ideal distance to drive before pulling in to work? My commute to work is pretty short, at about 4 miles each way. I'll probably just leave the house earlier and drive around until I clock about 20 miles before I pull in to work.

Just at least once a week or every two drive it on the highway for about 8 miles or so one way.

It's good to get the engine hot enough to boil the moisture out of the oil and get things fully warmed up.

My 09 Spec B doesn't get driven much but this time of year we take it to diner on Saturday's. It's about a 9 mile highway drive to the town where all the shopping and most restaurants are.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived