LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Really considering getting on the KillerB sale and going ELH.... hmmmm

I regret not getting the ewg setup when I bought mine. I think I have to ship the header back to them if I want to upgrade now.

I’ve been very happy with mine. No issues to speak of.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Well they changed the plugs, moved coilpacks around and compression tested. No misfires in or out of boost, compression test was good, and CEL is gone. Said the plugs looked pretty bad, but they only had 12k miles on them.

I really want to, but cannot swing $1k for header regardless of how good they are...

I paid more than that for mine.... Then again I also have a Stromung exhaust I paid $1,000 for :icon_chee

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c09g8KXi5F3_t1O8haGhwjAXMETIucYk

5 speed sounds! Have a replacement ready to go in, but going to run this until it fails or I can't turn the music up loud enough to not lose my mind, for science.

Taking bets on how long it lasts, it's just started howling like a banshee at speed too!

I really want to, but cannot swing $1k for header regardless of how good they are...

I agree with you. But it’s hard to deny the quality compared to other brands. It’s probably overkill on my build but also KillerB rarely has 15% off sales. Used headers with the ceramic coating have gone for more.

I have the cash saved up for a 6-speed swap but may opt for the headers and flex fuel conversion instead of my original plan to commit to E85 completely.

I agree with you. But it’s hard to deny the quality compared to other brands. It’s probably overkill on my build but also KillerB rarely has 15% off sales. Used headers with the ceramic coating have gone for more.

I have the cash saved up for a 6-speed swap but may opt for the headers and flex fuel conversion instead of my original plan to commit to E85 completely.

You should probably do the 6spd swap before the header/flex fuel. Just look at the 5spd talk over the past few pages! That being said, ELH + e85 makes for some really quick spool and tons of smiles.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

5 speed sounds! Have a replacement ready to go in, but going to run this until it fails or I can't turn the music up loud enough to not lose my mind, for science.

Taking bets on how long it lasts, it's just started howling like a banshee at speed too!

sounds like you have some extra bits in there :)

Their last 15% sale is what got me to order the swaintech coated version w/ UP combo. Can't speak to the performance yet since mine are still sitting in the house waiting for my JMP 18g build. They sure are pretty though.

In other news, been in talks with Circuit Demon to do a little work on my post facelift JDM lights. Nothing crazy, going to have them swap the projectors for USDM lighting pattern, etch the lenses and add the demon eyes. Should be booking my spot in the next day or so.

You're becoming quite the professional at lunching 5 speeds!

Some might call it natural born talent, others might call it the result of logical fallacies and denial about needing a 6 speed.

sounds like you have some extra bits in there :)

Them's the shift rocks. Am I the only one who has em?

.... my money's on front diff or one of its bearings missing some bits

I scared the crap out of myself last night.

I ran down to Memphis to go to Costco to stock up on a few things.

On the way back I started hearing this little metal grinding/scraping on acceleration and heavy grinding/scraping on deceleration.

It sounded exactly like what I would imagine the turbine wheel in the turbo sound if it was scraping the housing. I babied it home and was fairly sad thinking about it.

After putting the kids to bed I started researching what next because I was convinced there wasn't any other way for that sound to be made.

I just couldn't believe that the JMP VF-52 would be going out, it was like new last I checked 6 months ago (and I was right).

So I started researching other possible sources for the sound.

To my surprise a few people reported that they had a loose bolt in the front suspension that would do it.

I had just installed a front sway bar so I wondered if just maybe that was it.

Then as I was falling asleep it dawned on me that it might be the silly WL bar clamps designed to keep the bar centered.

So I went into the garage and with a flashlight and allen wrench pulled them off.

Found that one had some gouges from rubbing and the other (under the turbo) had a lot of gouges.

Drove it today without those pieces and she's back to being nice and quiet (relatively speaking).

Apparently I don't know how to install those whiteline clamps on a bar :lol:

So they are off in the toolbox for now.

Been planning on some updates later this month to celebrate surviving my first year as a professor, glad they are still on track :-D

Slapped some JDM forged BBS wheels and new tires on. The wheels are a little rough but they should serve for the summer. If I still like them by Fall, I'll probably have them refinished.

374624312_2020-05-0813_46_47.thumb.jpg.225316f2623a18f6bf7114e16fad751a.jpg

On the way back I started hearing this little metal grinding/scraping on acceleration and heavy grinding/scraping on deceleration.

It sounded exactly like what I would imagine the turbine wheel in the turbo sound if it was scraping the housing. I babied it home and was fairly sad thinking about it.

After putting the kids to bed I started researching what next because I was convinced there wasn't any other way for that sound to be made.

I just couldn't believe that the JMP VF-52 would be going out, it was like new last I checked 6 months ago (and I was right).

To my surprise a few people reported that they had a loose bolt in the front suspension that would do it.

Then as I was falling asleep it dawned on me that it might be the silly WL bar clamps designed to keep the bar centered.

So I went into the garage and with a flashlight and allen wrench pulled them off.

Found that one had some gouges from rubbing and the other (under the turbo) had a lot of gouges.

Drove it today without those pieces and she's back to being nice and quiet (relatively speaking).

Been planning on some updates later this month to celebrate surviving my first year as a professor, glad they are still on track :-D

I'm pretty sure you need to grind those clamps down a bit. Mine are ground down just to get them to fit.

You should probably do the 6spd swap before the header/flex fuel. Just look at the 5spd talk over the past few pages! That being said, ELH + e85 makes for some really quick spool and tons of smiles.

Hmmm, the wait for a local 6speed within reasonable driving distance and cost has lasted a few months now. But ELH and flex fuel could be at my door next week... :lol:

I am sure you slept very well after that :)

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Some might call it natural born talent, others might call it the result of logical fallacies and denial about needing a 6 speed.

Them's the shift rocks. Am I the only one who has em?

.... my money's on front diff or one of its bearings missing some bits

you might try changing your 5mt fluid and see how much color you get?

you might try changing your 5mt fluid and see how much color you get?

You might be able to see the color on the dip stick ?

How does the tranny sound when its being driven ? Up in the air things may be aligned differently in something that old.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I always get a kick out of seeing the drain plug after someone's trans shits the bed. I vote oil change too.

My misfire is back, CEL is back. It's not the motor thankfully, but I'm betting it's the injectors (#4 specifically) that's bad. Tried to tell them.

Letting the leggy rest while getting my new daily into shape. Keeping a keen eye on a local or close by sale on a spec b 6 speed trans. Took a few pics of my DD and ordered tune up parts, ignition coils, spark plugs, motor and trans mounts and shopping for tires. 152k on this 07 Accord and a little TLC it will be good for another 150k hopefully. Only negative is no trustworthy Subie shops in Las Vegas. might have to be a garage built project with a couple buddies from Flat4LV.

I wish i took before and after of the engine bay but it looks great now!

07accord.thumb.jpg.a36afe760a37f4bf91f2dd8358dc3501.jpg

07accord2.thumb.jpg.f84f5f6748dea48fd061efa36954edca.jpg

07accord3.thumb.jpg.28a0a28ded0516766957ce4707a12ba7.jpg

07accordclean.thumb.jpg.be7aa37cbd38a03d5111e6395d6e8956.jpg

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

FSB may be different, but I ran a WL RSB w/o those clamps and those things knocked my brake caliper banjo bolt right off. I lost all braking power on the highway. As soon as I figured it out, those clamps went right back on.