LegacyGT.com

Gold Plus warranty?

I realize prices vary greatly etc but I am on the fence on getting the Subaru Gold warranty. Considering the 5/60 perhaps? Is it even worth it?

I doubt I will keep this vehicle six years or more..Not that I do not like it..I do but I seem to switch every 5 years or close.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the pricing?

Call Luke...why are you asking me? :) This is back from when I was shopping last September. I don't think much has changed and there are several more options in addition to what's below.

7/70 $ 100.00 ded $725.00

8/80 $ 100.00 ded $800.00

10/100 $ 100.00 ded $ 1350.00

7/70 zero ded $ 905.00

8/80 zero ded $ 975.00

10/100 zero ded $ 1530.00

Edited by securityguy

I realize prices vary greatly etc but I am on the fence on getting the Subaru Gold warranty. Considering the 5/60 perhaps? Is it even worth it?

I doubt I will keep this vehicle six years or more..Not that I do not like it..I do but I seem to switch every 5 years or close.

It depends.. I got extended warranty 7/100k and unfortunately I had to replace my Rear Hub Bearing at 80k so it paid off for me..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The way I look at it: with all the electronics and new tech in it, it's a good piece of mind to have, and when you do sell it, it would help add value to the asking price.

even better if you never have to use it.

Those are great prices. I have not looked into this as I don't keep cars that long. However I did keep my Toyota for 4+ years and this car is growing on me. I may call dealer and/or look on line first but sounds like:

1. I'm still eligible 1 year in?. I assume you can buy anytime while still under warranty

2. Warranty is transferable to private owner but won't help you on a trade

3. You can call or cancel anytime and get a portion of your money back if no claim has been paid

5. This is a Subie based warranty so no issues at dealer...

Those are great prices. I have not looked into this as I don't keep cars that long. However I did keep my Toyota for 4+ years and this car is growing on me. I may call dealer and/or look on line first but sounds like:

1. I'm still eligible 1 year in?. I assume you can buy anytime while still under warranty

2. Warranty is transferable to private owner but won't help you on a trade

3. You can call or cancel anytime and get a portion of your money back if no claim has been paid

5. This is a Subie based warranty so no issues at dealer...

Ronin3.6R, I will answer your questions:

1. You have the full 3/36 warranty period to decide to buy the warranty. If you wait, your only risk is that it will go up in price each year

2. Transferrable for $75 I believe

3. You can cancel anytime and get a prorated refund minus a $75 processing fee as long as you have not used the warranty for a repair

4. Correct that is a FULL FACTORY warranty that is in their computer system that every Subaru dealer in North America can see so all repairs are covered with ZERO out of pocket with the $0 deductible plans

Another benefit is that you can finance it on any of your major credit cards for 0% at 10 equal monthly payments that Subaru will bill to your charge card so you don't have to pay for it all at once.

Edited by securityguy

those are very good prices

Makes me feel better on what I paid. Normally don't do ext warranties and finance guy started high. I kept saying no and he kept coming down. I got to within a couple hundred of those prices when I agreed. Would have been more pleasant to just have started there and been done with it as you can get the Subaru warranty from any dealer.

Edited by rec630

If you wait, your only risk is that it will go up in price each year

There is also a small risk that the coverage will be reduced if you wait. For example, road hazard coverage for tires used to be included, but not any more. The contract terms were rewritten in January 2017 ... one reason why online discount prices quoted by some dealers may have actually gone down over the past year.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna call Luke either tonight or Friday. My dealer quoted me $3200 for the warranty for the 10 years one and $100 deductible...lmao!

Btw security guy, when I call him should I just mention your forum name? Because I don’t know your name and not sure if he knows your forum name.

Edited by IcEWoLF

Gonna call Luke either tonight or Friday. My dealer quoted me $3200 for the warranty for the 10 years one and $100 deductible...lmao!

Btw security guy, when I call him should I just mention your forum name? Because I don’t know your name and not sure if he knows your forum name.

Just tell him Larry, securityguy sent you and you'll be fine...$3200 is :spin:

Just tell him Larry, securityguy sent you and you'll be fine...$3200 is :spin:

Cool, based on your note he is off tomorrow, So i'll try to call on Friday.

But yeah, $3200 is stupid based on the numbers you showed me, and that is with a deductible too.

I think the guy was just trying to profit...like literally double.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay guys, I just got off the phone with Luke, sold me the warranty for 0 deductible at 8/80 miles for $1070 for my 2018 legacy 3.6r!

I am blown away took less than 5 minutes!

Thanks for the follow-up! I'll be giving him a call once I'm back from vacation.

when I got my car I got the 5/60K so that will take me to 8 years 90K so far I had to use it only once for a failed front 02 sensor.

What? If you bought a 5/60K...it will take you to 5/60K not 8/90K:spin:

You don't add the extended on top of the factory...it replaces the factory warranty so you have 5 years or 60K miles total...period;)