LegacyGT.com

Tint over blue winshield tint strip?

stm25rs

The windshield on my car has a blue unibrow tint strip, along with black dots above the rear view mirror (not sure what they're called) to block sun.

I'd like to get my windows tinted 35% all around, but I think it would look pretty silly for the window tint to be black, with the blue strip on the front.

Has anybody else dealt with this? I'm thinking that if I get the windshield strip tinted, let's say 50% black, over the blue, it will be about as dark as the windows, and not be blue.

Any other ideas, besides a new windshield? I've had tint for the last 8 years on my Impreza, and these couple warm days without tint have made me realize how much I miss it.

You don't need to tint your windshield 35%. There are pretty good brands that offer 80-90% tint for windshield. Llumar has a product call blue air that is 80% and it blocks 99% of UV and has about 43% heat rejection.

I didn't mean getting the windshield tinted. I want my to get my side windows and the rear glass tinted 35%.

However, my windshield has a blue tint strip, but it's not tint film - the glass is dyed.

I don't want my windows to have 35% black tint, and my windshield to have a blue strip. So I'm wondering if something like 50% over the blue on the windshield would make the blue strip look like 35% black tint.

I didn't mean getting the windshield tinted. I want my to get my side windows and the rear glass tinted 35%.

However, my windshield has a blue tint strip, but it's not tint film - the glass is dyed.

I don't want my windows to have 35% black tint, and my windshield to have a blue strip. So I'm wondering if something like 50% over the blue on the windshield would make the blue strip look like 35% black tint.

Oh, sorry. I totally misunderstood you. :redface:

Archived