LegacyGT.com

Gigs 2006 Legacy GT Limited Wagon and STi Wagon

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So spring is kinda coming but not really , Michigan is still rather cold.

Plan of attack is get the suspension setup , swap out the axle with the leaky boot then tackle the interior to make it enjoyable to drive.

That all starts with cutting a hole in the roof in two weeks for my Spec C roof vent and taking the car out of storage.

In other news Legacy hit 150,000 miles and the only thing I really want to do on it is a brake job and maybe struts.

bieaEOG.jpg

What are you thinking about for struts?

I have two trains of thought

Spec B billstein takeoffs from a jdm car

Oem replacement KYB off rock auto

Both will work as its not really being raced and my drive to work is under 5 miles now.

Legacy will likely remain winter beater as I search for an E39 wagon in the next year to do an M5 or LS conversion on

• 2 weeks later...

Six months later and Its back , Started on the first crank no issues.

I forgot how good an EJ207 , 6mt and Ohlins makes a car feel. Even our horrible Michigan roads are not that bad when you have the correct suspension.

Now time to begin Gridlife Prep and restoring the interior to match how nice the exterior looks.

j0Q2iWn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

RA-R wheels showed up

5x114

18x8.5 +53

Clears 6 pot brembos

Little curb rash but they will make excellent street wheels , picking up some tires for them in the next week. Probably should wax them and swap to a brake pad that dusts less than powerstop track day pads. Tomorrow is Spec C roof vent !

FoKJ3GY.jpg

62N4sON.jpg

hVslbsM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been driving it to work a lot these last few weeks

Also did a parts run to Oakos this morning as its 15 minutes from home , Picked up a Cusco master cylinder brace and some ATE brake fluid. When combined with these PFC 01 pads it should be excellent on the track.

3dK8yrR.jpg

Ra17OEw.jpg

YGt12Bv.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Saturday I Fixed the brake caliper , bled the system and hit things with hammers.

Sunday I went out to Waterford Hills raceway to spectate a track day and it was easily 92 degrees out and way too hot.

Monday I cleaned all the wheels and swapped summer wheels over to the legacy. All that is left is a fluid flush , put interior back in , alignment and maybe corner balancing if I have time. My work is really busy right now which is not helping with preparing the car.

Either way it will be at Gridlife turning laps

OwBP5wI.jpg

XnXHbtb.jpg

Its been a really long week of prep work including an entire new livery.

Car drives great now after an alignment , -3.1 Degrees camber front and -2.1 Degrees rear should be a great place to start. The car now has full interior and is 100% Street class legal for time attack. Just needs an oil change and coolant flush then its off to Gingerman Raceway this week !

np49Z0Z.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ8OowrwKQ4]EJ207 STi Wagon tunnel shakedown - YouTube[/ame]

Oh and we did a little 2001 Tommi Makkinen throwback livery

jMXtfxV.jpg

4xCmi93.jpg

7sHYDlB.jpg

Gridlife was pretty crazy. It rained for two days but was amazing for the other two.

Car drove great and I would have broken my personal best but got stuck in traffic , My codriver however drove the car to a 1:45 which is faster than my 1:48 I did last year.

Improvements that must be made are mostly cooling related as oil temps hit 250f in some sessions , We suspect that the thermostat is broken so I will be ordering another one and also inspecting the PCV system as it smokes on startup a little bit now and we probably pushed the PCV system too hard.

I might also switch to some custom built Fortune Auto shocks or have my Ohlins rebuilt for more spring.

Here are a bunch of pictures

LYby4df.jpg

0zIUv3i.jpg

cZahruZ.jpg

h1Z81w7.jpg

YovYtpB.jpg

JHYsvkf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome stuff, man. Loving that livery

Its growing on me , I will probably pull it off in early august so it does not damage the paint though

Last weekend went to an Autoweek event in Downtown Detroit for a Lemans viewing party

8wjb9lI.jpg

Ford GT

ySMfh2y.jpg

1998 Viper GTSR that won Le Mans

8IhjCMH.jpg

C6R

P81qsqV.jpg

GRC Lite ?

6F7TCBM.jpg

Today I wandered out to an Xceed BBQ out in Milford

E3Ro1iI.jpg

I suspect my high oil temperatures were due to a thermostat failure so I ordered a replacement and a spare AVCS solenoid. Going to install it with a new radiator before the next track day at the end of August.

ZtPYQSv.jpg

Some behind the scenes stuff from a Photoshoot with the guys from M45 in Ann Arbor , It was a great experience. They will have a full feature on my car coming in the near future.

V7uFlE8.jpg

U7Ia8Mj.jpg