LegacyGT.com

Compilation of cheap and/or free Legacy Mods

• 2 months later...
06-07 spec b OEM rims

correct, as I have an 06 Spec.B

I am pretty sure they are significantly heavier than a stock set, remember hearing that somewhere, don't ask me where ;).

yeah they are. They do look nice but I wish they were a tad wider. Truth is its a stage 3 daily driver so its not worth the money to buy anything else when these look nice already. Also, I make more than enough power to offset the rim weight :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What's up everyone, long time no show around here. I've had an A4 for about a year after I got rid of my 98 LGTL, but looking at getting a 4th gen gt in the next year or two. Might as well get back into the forum life; I didn't see this mod anywhere on the site, but for those who have the clear corner mod and don't want to shell out for stealth bulbs or leds, this is almost too easy to do:

http://www.a4mods.com/index.php?page=webcontent/pages/tails.html&category=3

Yeah it's linked to an audi site, but it's a good write up. All the corners have been cleared on my a4, and for baked headlights with the reflector removed, it looks awesome

Edited by kaz98gt

I think this is a good one. A DIY grill for a JDM Spec B grill without doing the front bumper conversion. Not cheap but better option if your tight on a budget.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/my-diy-jdm-spec-b-grille-114000.html

Here's what the grill from the link looks like after your done.

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u450/Fidelamaya26/47610F74-D9B9-4F27-AC73-524266992963-5601-00000585E041BB27.jpg

Took mine off probably 4 or 5 yrs ago. I used silicone to seal up the hole with some filter material. Water can still get in there as I found out when driving through a huge puddle a couple of yrs ago ( didn't realize how deep it was!) and soaked the filter. But I haven't had any other issues.

When I pulled mine off my 2.5i (not sure how that stacks up vs the turbo cars) it felt slower in the lower end, also a friend following me told me I had black smoke when I floored it (bogging like no other). I have a fairly mild tune on it (little more fuel and timing in the low end, feels better, even A/Bing it), but not that severe. It makes me think it tells the MAF that it's sucking more air than it really is. I should have logged it. Reminds me of the same thing that people trying to do a cold air intake say.

• 3 weeks later...
Get an aftermarket bov, buying an intake is not worth the sound
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

• 3 weeks later...
There is a thread around here somewhere where I was reading the cons. Granted that it was wide open, no cap or filter, and people logs were different, mpgs got worse, etc.

When I pulled mine off my 2.5i (not sure how that stacks up vs the turbo cars) it felt slower in the lower end, also a friend following me told me I had black smoke when I floored it (bogging like no other). I have a fairly mild tune on it (little more fuel and timing in the low end, feels better, even A/Bing it), but not that severe. It makes me think it tells the MAF that it's sucking more air than it really is. I should have logged it. Reminds me of the same thing that people trying to do a cold air intake say.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/intake-silencer-removal-100478.html?p=4132989