LegacyGT.com

Back to stock boost?

When I picked up the GT from the body shop I noticed the AP was unplugged from the OBD port. It didn't really surprise me since they plug their tool into it to check for codes. The weird thing is since I got it back, it has maxed out at around 12.75 psi boost. Before it would get into mid 15 psi (OTS 91 map). I have re flashed the ECU but no change. I have yet to check for boost leaks, but wanted to know if anyone else had a suggestion.

Also, I think I remember someone saying recently that with the summer heat you loose a pound or so boost, but it acts the same on cool mornings as well.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the body shop, a Subaru dealer? I hope they didn't refreshed the stock tune.

That was what I thought happened. It could be standard practice for a collision. So I re-flashed the Cobb tune and the max boost didn't change.

Check your boost error on the AP. If it's below 1 psi, the car's targeting a lower boost pressure. If it's larger, you probably have a leak or a boost control issue.

There is no error. It's just that boost is lower than normal, back to stock levels.

^^ what he said. You have the ability to either log the boost target and actual boost, or the difference between them (boost error) on the AP. This will tell you whether you're underboosting, or whether you're really just targeting a lower boost level.

Looking at your log it looks possible that you do have some underboost at WOT. I'd also figure out why your DAM is less than one. Does the 5th gen LGT start with a DAM of 0.5 after a reflash/battery disconnect like the 5th gen?

Just took a look at long term fuel trims and short term corrections during the idle stretches and they don't seem to support a vacuum leak, though.

Edited by awfulwaffle

I'd still check for a boost leak to be sure, though it seems unlikely. After that, I'd check if the wastegate actuates by hand, try swapping out a known good boost control solenoid, and pressure test the BPV. If all that checks out, I'd drop the downpipe and take a look at the turbo for shaft play/wear, and wastegate flapper misalignment.

DAM question still stands, maybe someone from 5th gen land can chime in.

Another question - what did the shop do on your car? I assume you're positive you were hitting target boost before they worked on it?

They repaired the rear bumper. I can’t be 100% sure it was boosting normally before. On my normal commute I hit 13-14 max on an on ramp. Never noticed till I got it back that it was lower.

Before and after:

e42067b8ab864aab88764e225695825e.jpg

95cc22e159459562b870624c1c413264.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAM definitely starts at 1.0 after a reflash. That is definitely something i'd look into as well.

I don't think they're related, but definitely check for a boost leak first and foremost. If you have the stock intercooler and charge pipe, the section where those two mate leaked the most for me.

For the DAM, check your plugs, clean your MAF and get some good gas to start.

I pulled the engine cover off last night and looked around. Nothing jumping out at me. Hopfully this weekend I'll have time to jack it up and remove the splash shield to check out the underside.

Check your vacuum lines on the intake manifold and hardlines on passenger side that are near the charge pipe from turbo.

Verify the coupler on the tmic to tb didn’t start to blow out.

Double check your tmic endtanks for separation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk