LegacyGT.com

Security warning light on

I'm new to the forum and new to owning my 2005 Subaru Legacy gt limited. I've had it for almost 4 months now. The security light used to blink when the car was off and go out when the key was in the ignition. Now the security light stays on all the time but if I watch when I take the key out I can see it blink like it should when it is arming even though the light is still on. I have read that the solid on security light means the immobilizer is going out but if it's still flashing like it should would that be a bad ground or short somewhere. I have a video of it on my phone but not sure how to get it to load. Also the car does have Astrostart remote start. Sorry for the long post.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
i have the same problem. mine blinks twice every couple of seconds. people are saying that it means valet mode or something. ive been reading around a bunch and theres a way to turn it off in your owners manual. i tried it with mine and it didnt work. but if you try and it works let me know what you did to fix it pls.

I have not found a fix yet. My security light stays on solid all the time and when the car is off it blinks normally but very faint.

Does your security light stay on solid all the time or just blink all the time?

Archived