LegacyGT.com

Lights stay on when car turned off

I parked the car in the garage last night, turning the lights the ignition off as usual. When I got out of the car, I noticed that my rear turn signal lights and license plate light were on. The front turn signal lights were on as well. Headlights and tail lights are off.

I went back in and turned the lights on and off again on the turn stalk, cranked the car on and off again, but the lights stay on. I disconnected the battery so it wouldn't drain.

Any ideas why these lights are suddenly staying on when the car is turned off?

Thanks.

Whoops! Found the problem. The switch on top of the steering wheel shroud was turned on! I've never used the thing and forgot it was even there. Must have flicked it on by accident but I don't know how.

Nope. I must have flicked it somehow as I pulled into the garage. I'm one of those dweebs who backs in. Coincidentally, my front right head lamp assembly got smashed by a hit and run driver this past Halloween while I was parked at a gas station and went inside to get a soda. I thought for a minute that it might have something to do with it.

Probably posting this early in the morning because there's nothing to read on NASIOC when the site is down for maintenance.

I've actually used the "city lights" mode a couple of times, but every time I do that people ask me if I left my keys in the car. :)

um .. this comes up every week .. we need to either make this a sticky or .. some how harass the next person who asks about this ..

or have like a large pop up window with sounds and bannors .. u know like those fancy penile enlargement things

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

um .. this comes up every week .. we need to either make this a sticky or .. some how harass the next person who asks about this ..

or have like a large pop up window with sounds and bannors .. u know like those fancy penile enlargement things

I searched using numerous terms before posting and got nothing.

By the way, I figured out what happened. When the insurance rep came out to take photos for an estimate on my smashed headlamp, he pushed his camera through the steering wheel to get a picture of the odometer. He probably flicked the switch on then. He was an old guy and didn't seem very with it. I didn't realize it at the time since it was very bright outside and so that means the lights were on for at least 6 hours!

Now the car isn't idling well. New battery time?

Haha, I had the same problem when I got back from picking up my car from Vermont. It took me 10 minutes of looking around the dash and finally checking the manual to figure out what it was. Made me think that I shouldn't be allowed to drive if I can't figure out how to turn the damn lights off.

Archived