LegacyGT.com

is 06 spec B axles also for 09 spec B?

thanks for remind me Choco! Spent a whole morning to learn how to rebuild the cv boots.. yes, the job is little dirty, but the stock shaft itself is much reliable/trouble free!

So where can i find those rebuild kit? i searched and found there are two diffrerent lenght but same diameter?!

thanks

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.6c5e25a6f8f0138d82242fd57fe033d2.jpg

I would think the boots would have to be close, I doubt many repair shops buy OEM parts.

But even how much more money is the OEM boot... I would think not much. I did buy a OEM rebuild kit for my right front a few years back and had a repair shop do the work.

Or, in JmP's sticky there are a couple post about after market axles. Take a look and cost.

BTW, I'm glad a went with OEM kit. Piece of mind is priceless.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

28397AG000 is the subaru PN for the inner rebuild kit.

thanks Shawn, that's exactly what i'm searching these few days. some of ptj boot for 6MT are only 07, 08 and 09, , Genuine Subaru also has similar info for the parts (its for for 07-09), and your pn is for 06? thats why i'm little confused. coz pretty much at the time i find out the boot is not for mine, the package is already opened and wont be able to return. :icon_frow

thanks again

Edited by markc0220k

Are yours not rebuild-able?

no, well..beside, my skill, they should be rebuildable.. still searching/learning tricks to get it done. (will see if i could take some pics.. the boot has little openwound other than that ..they work fine sicne 2~3yrs ago i found it started leaking grease )