LegacyGT.com

Clutch/flywheel/2005

So I've looked around and found that for the Wife's 2005 2.5 LGT 5 speed I need to get a 2006 or up OE WRX flywheel. However, I'm a little confused on the disc/pressure plate. Her LGT has only a flash. So an OE clutch disc/pressure plate would do fine for her purposes. She's got about 60k out of the OE clutch. Do I order her a Legacy LGT pressure plate/disc, or an 06+ WRX pressure plate/disc to go with the 2006+ WRX flywheel?

I suspect she will need:

2005 2.5 Legacy GT turbo pressure plate and disc

2006 WRX flywheel

2005 2.5 Legacy GT turbo pilot bearing

2005 2.5 Legacy GT turbo TOB

2005 2.5 Legacy GT turbo shift fork (her clutch had the TOB go bad resulting in grinding and almost not getting home)

2005 2.5 Legacy GT turbo axle seals

The original stock unit lasted her 76263 miles...

Anything else?

do not get the wrx flywheel to use with the STOCK OEM clutch and disk.

Now if you want to use a WRX style clutch/preasure please you will need the WRX flywheel.

For instance I have a ACT HDMM clutch/preasure plate. Because its designed for use with a WRX(06+) single mass flywheel instead of our stock dual mass flywheels. So i have a ACT streetlite flywheel for a 06 wrx to match my clutch.

Hope that helps.

If you get a ACT setup... Get the TSK3 the transmission sleeve kit.

I'm looking for bang for the buck... this RIGHT before X-mas sucks! The OE setup lasted longer than most here. However, I don't care much for the duel mass flywheel. Was hoping to mix and match OE parts to get an OE disc/PP to mate to an OE flywheel.

Does an OE 2006+ WRX clutch kit fit the 2005 Legacy 2.5 GT? Does it have the same torque capacity? In a jam before X-mas so looking to keep parts at $500.

The original stock clutch lasted her 76263 miles... so aftermarket is a waste of cash. Fairly sure it was the TOB that failed but had adjusted for wear, so I'm sure it's done anyway. I don't have the down time to wait for a flywheel if it's bad (remember it did fail), nor the cash to drop it off at Subaru. So I'm trying to have everything on hand right down to a new shift fork for a morning install. It CANT take as long as an Evo clutch.

Hell, a used stock 06+ WRX flywheel that can be resurfaced would be fine to have on stand by. Then I could decide when it's a part if I wanted to reuse the OE flywheel. I reuse them all the time without resurfacing with Kevlar clutches on Evos... but that's Kevlar, and BEFORE a failure.

I'm a retired "shop"... so parts are the only consideration. Have not done a Scooby trans job since about 03' so I'm sure there are some differences. However, I'm not too concerned. Just worried about having the right parts IN HAND hopefully by Friday.

I'm now told I can use an 07'+ disc/PP/flywheel (they are non-duel mass).

SubyShop.com... Franz, can you email me pricing if you carry OE parts? I've been looking online at a few of the Vendors here... No vendor has given me a money back guarantee what parts will fit for my purposes.

Zeus@zeusmotorworks.com

If you are doing it yourself. I forget the sizing but the flywheel bolts are some special Torx bit and strip VERY easily. Make sure to get the right bit to remove them and I would suggest replacing them with STI hex bolts while your in there.

The rest of it seemed very straight forward when mine was done.

Also take the time to replace your rear main seal and reseal the cover for the crank case vent or whatever its called. You dont want it to start leaking right after you put it back on. LIKE MINE DID. had to go right back in and remove everyhting again.

Biggie,

Thanks, that's the kind of info I need... I forgot about the flywheel bolts! Many manufacturers do screwy things with those. Anyone know what size Torx they are so I can make sure I have it?

Franz (SubyShop),

Need pricing on the following if you can confirm that they will work and carry OE parts:

07 2.5 GT clutch plate/disc/flywheel/TOB/pilot bearing/shift fork/shaft seals/rear main seal/STI flywheel bolts.

Archived