LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Do tell!
So, many moons ago, I fried the rings out of my freshly rebuilt 2.5 turbo engine for my Daytona Shelby. Myself and a friend did an "in-frame" overhaul. We both forgot to torque specs of the arp rod bolts and torqued them down to OEM specs...

Well after about 10k miles, a starter, and some knocking, I found my rod bearings destroyed like pictured above. My educated guess is that the person either used an impact gun on the hardware or just simply overtighten them..

Scotty

Well guys, this has been a really good forum this far and you all are spectacular. Merry Christmas everyone, and Happy New Year!

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

So, many moons ago, I fried the rings out of my freshly rebuilt 2.5 turbo engine for my Daytona Shelby. Myself and a friend did an "in-frame" overhaul. We both forgot to torque specs of the arp rod bolts and torqued them down to OEM specs...

Well after about 10k miles, a starter, and some knocking, I found my rod bearings destroyed like pictured above. My educated guess is that the person either used an impact gun on the hardware or just simply overtighten them..

Scotty

That's crazy, the caps deformed that much from over torque

Did something I told myself I'd never do - put black wheels on an ABP car. Caught a gash in the sidewall of one of my snows, so took the winter wheels off the WRX since it sits these days anyways. Kinda not as bad as I expected...

Oh I like that a lot. And those rims. What are they? Tint the windows and mesh front grill. Clear the headlights and black the rear chrome. That'd be sharp imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merry Christmas to my legacy gt modding addicts! Drove my dirty Penny 300ish from Las Vegas to San Diego for the week to spend with family. Still driving nice and kicking hard. Enjoy your holidays with your loved ones

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Oh I like that a lot. And those rims. What are they? Tint the windows and mesh front grill. Clear the headlights and black the rear chrome. That'd be sharp imo.

I wholeheartedly agree with all the above, but still not completely sure on the black wheels. They're cheapo TireRack 17x8s, Andros Spec something or other. I'd looove to get me some of the Raijins from a few posts back, though.

Did something I told myself I'd never do - put black wheels on an ABP car. Caught a gash in the sidewall of one of my snows, so took the winter wheels off the WRX since it sits these days anyways. Kinda not as bad as I expected...

Needs more gold!!

Bronze looks good on everything.

ABP with gold looks great.

Who was the New Zealand guy with the ABP wagon and gold wheels? (Now I have to find his build thread.)

Edit..... Turns out he was Aussie, but still:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/member-profile-james-h6-liberty-wagon-skd55s-263393p10.html

Edited by gkinslow

Hnggggg I wish I didn't have so much to fix. I'm wanting some sparco terra in black.

And then to convince madrig to do purple and carbon. And paint the brakes purple. And paint the hella horns purple. I keep forgetting to buy lottery tickets while I'm here in Florida.

Bronze looks good on everything.

ABP with gold looks great.

Who was the New Zealand guy with the ABP wagon and gold wheels? (Now I have to find his build thread.)

Edit..... Turns out he was Aussie, but still:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/member-profile-james-h6-liberty-wagon-skd55s-263393p10.html

That does look really good :spin:

Goooooooolllld. Subaru's and gold just go together.

48969069231_b0b5ced0e4_z.jpg

Also, fixed my coolant leak and hooned it for a bit last weekend. Still waiting on my new Fortune coils and the ST205 Celica that I have bought way to many parts for already.

Edited by Gex

Goooooooolllld. Subaru's and gold just go together.

48969069231_b0b5ced0e4_z.jpg

Also fixed fixed my coolant leak and hooned it for a bit last weekend. Still waiting on my new Fortune coils and the ST205 Celica that I have bought way to many parts for already.

Where did you source a ST205 Celica? :spin: Please post pictures when you do get it. I'd love to own one some day.

A bit off topic but I'm having trouble finding an answer.

Friend drove to meet me in Florida in her 12 ob 6mt. I think the TOB is seized. We are gonna separate everything and I have a FSM but can't find if I can do the set back method like on our 4th gens.

Checked the pedal travel and cylinders. No leaks or anything. I can't find info here or in the other forums here or on subaruoutback.org. I might not be great at looking for it though.

A bit off topic but I'm having trouble finding an answer.

Friend drove to meet me in Florida in her 12 ob 6mt. I think the TOB is seized. We are gonna separate everything and I have a FSM but can't find if I can do the set back method like on our 4th gens.

Checked the pedal travel and cylinders. No leaks or anything. I can't find info here or in the other forums here or on subaruoutback.org. I might not be great at looking for it though.

Aren't the split case 6 speeds more or less our 5 speeds with an extra gear set shoved into the transfer case and cable actuation instead of a solid linkage? If dimensions are the same and the trans tunnel isn't smaller for some reason idk why it wouldn't work.