LegacyGT.com

Question for all of you: how do you like your seats in your lgt?

Well i got my 05 lgt ltd mt this summer and i love everything about it. when i got it i had 19k on it and thought maybe the leather seats needed a lil more break in time?? I dunno i have had a 97 ford SHO for 5 years and when you sit in that car you melt right into the leather seats. Just wondering if those of you out there that have the leather option if the seats eventually get softer or do they stay stiff into the higher millage???

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well i dunno i like how firm they are but seems as tho i have to have the heated seat option on to keep my back from getting sore. i dunno hopefully they will break in a bit. 22k after this summer and i have it stored till i can sell my sho.

Stitching leaves alot to be desired. My 05 LGT with leather is okay, a little tiresome on my rump on longer trips. Specifically the left side of the bottom cushion has a lumpy area at the stitching. Puts pressure on my butt bone (ischial tuberosity). No where near as bad as the atrocious SVX seats i used to have but not on par with my past two WRX seats. Fav seats of all time have been recaros and GTI seats.

I tell you what...after I sat in my buddy's 11-ty billion way adjustable seats (Bimmer 335) I find LGT seats utter crap. They are alright when compared to most others.

For the record...knee support and the nicest of them all you can adjust the seat so you can sink in it and then tighten the sides around you, to wrap you up in a somewhat fixed position much like F1 Racing Seats.

I like mine so far (08). The best I've ever had were hard-as-a-rock Recaros in a 90 M3 with nothing but manual slides and recline. I'd do 8 hours straight with no fatigue whatsoever. Haven't done more than an hour yet with the LGT. The bolsters could be better, but I know it's not built as a club sport racecar, so don't really mind.

jack

I think LGT seats are extremely comfortable, 8 hours at a stretch no problemo. Vastly superior to those torture implements installed in VW's.

Too bad my seat heaters failed recently. Fuses checked out ok, that is as far as I got with diagnostics so far.

Wish they had more side bolster support and were smaller! Other than that, I really like them...

2013 â–ˆS4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, I really wish that the seats had more lateral support, I move around a lot in them, slippery leather plus me being really thin doesn't help things, I wish they put the same seats in it that they have in the S4, that's a luxury car, they're still comforatable with plenty of lateral support.

It's weird. I have black leather and it's very stiff. The wife has beige and it is "buttery" soft. Don't know if there is a difference in model years, I am '05 and she is '06.

Neither of us complain about the cushioning or support.

i like mine modified, i had to remove some bracing on the lumber support cause i found that it jutted out into my back too much. other than that they are very communicative and supportive, but stiff. that, and compensation for fatter americans have means i'm (5'10" 145lb Asian) sliding around in the seat laterally alot. bah obesity

i've 05 lgt as well with about 34000 miles and the seats are as good as new. especially when it's cold out the leather seems firmer. as for our bmw loving friend, keep in mind that you are comparing a $30k car to a $48k car and given that fact i HOPE the seats on 335 is betting than ours.

You should try the seats in my SI.....they are in my top ten list.

BMW sport seats are amazing because they give a thigh extension and adjustable side bolsters. On the 3-series though you do not get lumbar adjustment with the sport seats unless the premium package is selected as well.

FYI, those BMW sport seats can be had on a 34k BMW...and with the new 1-series, that'll drop to a 31k BMW as well.

Joe

Archived