LegacyGT.com

2014 Legacy Radio Screen Lights up but no display! Help please

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I have a 14 Legacy Premium with 53k miles. The radio/stereo screen lights up with power and the radio works making sound, but the screen is blank, making it impossible to know what station you are on or what you are changing!

It's out of warranty because of the mileage. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on or how I can fix this?

Picture attached showing which stereo it is. Sorry, if this is the wrong forum for this question.

Thank you for your help!

321559302_subaruscreen.thumb.jpg.964091aa56cdfaea7d80bf154376233f.jpg

I don't know what might cause that, other than something failed internally in the radio. I'm not aware of anything externally that would make the screen stay completely blank. Even if it was somehow getting stuck in rear camera mode, you would still see the parking guide lines and warning text ("Check Surroundings Before Backing Up").

Does your Legacy have the rear view camera? Since that's an important safety feature, you might try asking SOA if they'll provide some relief to restore that feature.

Even if you don't, you can try making the case with SOA (politely) that the factory radio should not die after that short a time/miles.

Thanks for your reply!

Do I basically just have to buy a new radio?

Thanks again.

I don't know what might cause that, other than something failed internally in the radio. I'm not aware of anything externally that would make the screen stay completely blank. Even if it was somehow getting stuck in rear camera mode, you would still see the parking guide lines and warning text ("Check Surroundings Before Backing Up").

Does your Legacy have the rear view camera? Since that's an important safety feature, you might try asking SOA if they'll provide some relief to restore that feature.

Even if you don't, you can try making the case with SOA (politely) that the factory radio should not die after that short a time/miles.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I have a 14 Legacy Premium with 53k miles. The radio/stereo screen lights up with power and the radio works making sound, but the screen is blank, making it impossible to know what station you are on or what you are changing!

It's out of warranty because of the mileage. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on or how I can fix this?

Picture attached showing which stereo it is. Sorry, if this is the wrong forum for this question.

Thank you for your help!

I have one sitting in the basement that came out of my car at 3,000 miles after I replaced it with a touchscreen unit. If Subaru won't cover let me know and ill give you a good deal on it, its very easy to replace yourself and I can give you a quick walkthrough of the process if needed.

Archived