LegacyGT.com

Hole in the coolant filler tank??

Well, as I discovered a hole in the top of my coolant filler tank near the yellow plastic cap, it's hidden behind the radiator, I saw that after the coolant overflow cause the previous owner overfilled it. I don't think it's normal, what do you think?

The hole is located in the circle mark.

-BifBkH8XYmr_MqYu59_WNtJ20cIzpd-0BtFESvebQ=w972-h648-no

LOL, which is probably often. You obviously never want coolant leaking. It probably isnt the biggest deal in the world, but I wouldn't feel comfortable driving like that for too long. Is there white residue anywhere or everywhere under the hood?

It's supposed to be there. If the coolant is overflowing from it, every time you drive, I'd check to make sure that you've also got coolant in the turbo tank. If not, you've got yourself a water jacket leak. AKA, blown HG.

Otherwise, you've just got too much coolant.

I've check all the coolant levels, radiator, IC, everything seems right except the fact the coolant filler tank was almost filled to the top when I bought it, After few miles I rechecked it and that's when I saw the hole. No coolant seems to have spilled all over the place.

It overflow only one time since, because the level was still a bit high when cold. I going to keep an eye on this, and closed that hole. I'm just wondering how it come to this?

I've check all the coolant levels, radiator, IC, everything seems right except the fact the coolant filler tank was almost filled to the top when I bought it, After few miles I rechecked it and that's when I saw the hole. No coolant seems to have spilled all over the place.

It overflow only one time since, because the level was still a bit high when cold. I going to keep an eye on this, and closed that hole. I'm just wondering how it come to this?

Have you sucked the coolant out of the tank to get it back down to the "full when cold" line ?

You may want to carry some coolant with you until your sure there are no issues.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Have you sucked the coolant out of the tank to get it back down to the "full when cold" line ?

You may want to carry some coolant with you until your sure there are no issues.

No I haven't yet, cause I want to know if there's a leak somewhere else as well.

Archived