LegacyGT.com

Stage 1 open source questions

Ad-dam

You won't find open source maps, being passed around, on this forum. There are several of us that can make you a custom map, but it's our business. We start from a stock map and customize it specifically to your car. PM me if you want an OS e-tune. There are other tuners on here as well. Thanks

Logan

Then use the software if you want. That's not what you're paying for. It's the hours of map building and years of tuning experience you're paying for. It costs money to own and run a business, including paying to be a vendor.

Best of luck.

Logan

You do understand there are three components to ECU tuning?

- First one is being able to read & write ROM's from/to the ECU. ECU Flash Does this.

- Second one is being able to read read the ROM's Rom's Data and making it humanly understandable. ECU Flash or Rom Raider does this.

- Third one is knowing what to do with the data from step 2, aka actual tuning. A Tuner does this.

Using Open source just means you are getting step one and two out of the way, but you still need the know how and experience for third step. I've been tuning other cars for years, but Subaru is very different, to the point where I am actually considering just paying one of the Vendors to do it for me...

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Gotcha seems a little too money driven though considering it's open source software

Your new, like the experts above have said, if you think you can do a better job go a head.

At least you had the sense to ask first. That's show's you have some common sense.

Leave Tuning to the experts. If you get it wrong, it can get expensive in a matter of minutes.

The $150 is cheap when you put it next to the cost of a rebuild.

www.tuningalliance.com has been keeping my cars happy for over 5 years now.

I'm lucky to have him a 10 minute drive away. I just about pass his house going to work everyday. Having a great Tuner is priceless with these cars. Mine was one of the first if not the first to find the timing flaw Subaru left in the MAP. He's also a Vendor in the Forum here.

A good MAP transforms the way these cars run. It's well worth the few dollars.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Gotcha seems a little too money driven though considering it's open source software

If you have only loaded a Cobb access port tune before I think you are missing out on the amount of time and effort the Tuners put in to make sure your car is running correctly.

I got tuned with Cryotune last year (great experience) - it's not pay 150-200 get a map and load it on. done.

They build a custom map for your car over many revisions (6-8) to make sure that it runs as efficiently as possible for your set-up. It's well worth it.

Like everyone else has said - the software is free - their expertise is (rightly) not. Paying for their expertise is well worth it imo.

Archived