LegacyGT.com

Is it possible to put a turbo on an 05 Legacy?

I really want to buy a 2005 Subaru legacy, but I don't have the funds for the GT version. Can I put a turbo on it, or is it not possible? Also I either have a choice to buy an 05 legacy sedan, or an 02 Legacy GT. Which one would you recommend?

In short, no. The time and money you'd spend would be better spent saving for the GT. Many have tried and only mildly succeeded in turbo'ing an NA Legacy.

Get the 05 -- Newer, nicer, and won't have as many problems.

Yep it's possible.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Yea. Anything is possible. But you'll spend more money doing it.. if you can't afford the gt then putting a turbo on an i isn't going to be in your budget either. It's not just bolting it on and having fun. You need fuel supporting mods and minimum a cobb so a tuner can load a tune on. At gt is alot easier and is supposed to be turbo. If they make a model of a car in turbo and NA. Don't buy an NA and make it turbo. Find the right turbo one in your price range.. My .02

the 05 lgt is nearly a 10yr old car. if you cant afford one at this point, then you will never afford turbo'ing and older NA car with all the hassles and things that can and will go wrong. turbo'ing an NA car is generally not for a daily driver and always expect to put twice the amount of money in to a project like that than you had originally plan for. so a $5k car + $3-$6K in turbo and clutch and tuning is more than a reasonably priced 05lgt now-a-days which can be had for less than 10k. And guess which will be more reliable.....

Archived