LegacyGT.com

How reliable has your GT been?

Rate your satisfaction with your reliability  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your satisfaction with your reliability

Only issue was an off center steering wheel, dealer fixed under warranty. I do seem to have an intermittent rattle or two, one in the rear view mirror area, and another seemingly behind the dash. They aren't bad, if they get worse/happen constantly, I'll probably get them investigated. I'm a little apprehensive about taking it in now for something that doesn't reproduce consistently, I'm afraid someone will take apart my car and end up introducing more rattles

Alignment issues, Rattle, Fuel Pump Whine, detaching rubber trim in trunk, fuel door release malfunction, 2 windshield cracks + too-many-to-count chips, chipped paint.

At least no major clutch stink! :D

No problems at all. Just the common gripes re glove box not easy to close, remote too easy to trigger, the occasional stinky clutch (only if accidentally ridden), poor gas mileage (but I drive primarily city, short distances).

niggles only, never a worry about 'reliability'.

Yeah, I think we need to define "reliability." The oft quoted JDPowers Initial Quality Survey asks if there are enough cupholders. Or if your satisified with your MPG. In my mind those two things aren't really related to reliability, but satisfaction. Reliability is a part of satisfaction, but with satisfaction you also factor in things like lack radio controls on the steering wheel or inability to drink your Starbucks Caramel Frappaccino while trying to shift from second to third with da stinky clutch.

No reliability issues whatsoever in 11K miles. Only complaints are the occasional studder, a rattle that I fixed with foam between fuel lines, and the windshield is too easily cracked.

I have rubber trims splitting from the rear passenger doors where the window and door joins. I don't know how anyone can fix that. I'll inquire at the dealer at my next oil change (next week).

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Just discovered this morning that the power window control located on the driver's side for the passenger side window no longer operates.

I haven't had a single problem with mine. 11k miles on it so far.

Just discovered this morning that the power window control located on the driver's side for the passenger side window no longer operates.

is your passenger window disable button on?

have had both headlights burnout and the control unit had to be replaced since the wiper defroster did not work. Otherwise, great! Drove it in the snwo every weekend since Oct and was glad to have a Subie. The dealer (Ron Price Motors in South San Francisco) was great about the replacing the bulbs and the ECU under warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

The mechanicals have been superb for the 11,000 miles so far.

Things that are bugging me though:

1. Thin paint job

2. Chintzy floor-mat clip and trunk-mat

3. The paint on my driver's side door pull is flaking off

4. No good service department in my area

5. Easily cracked windshield

We need dent free doors for all the punks out there that don't have a clue!

My favorite attribute of my Saturn. I can smack the hell out of the door panels without worry of denting. But even they are moving away from plastic panels.

My main "reliability" complaints on the LGT are the paint and the dash. I already have a few scratches down by the ashtray and the whole piece isn't secured firmly enough to plug/unplug my FM transmitter without haven't to hold it together at the same time.

I haven't had a single problem with mine. 11k miles on it so far.

is your passenger window disable button on?

A switch had to be replaced, the front passenger window would go up but not down (from the driver's power window control unit).

Archived