LegacyGT.com

gas mileage?

does anyone know why my gas mileage says im at 15.3? i have driven a little aggressively in the past, but for some weeks now, its been all granny (not right off the line, not overaccelerating, not pushing it too hard) and its still at 15.3. could it just be that the display is broken? and my temp gauge is off by about 10 degrees as well.

Have you measured your fuel economy the old fashioned way? My temp guage sometimes is off as well. From what I understand, the outside temp sensor is somewhere underneath the car, it could very well pick up some heat from the underside of the car. I've noticed my outside temp guage reads 5 deg or more high when idling/stop n' go driving in heavy traffic.

I am at 14.5 all the time unless I am on the highway, then it is around 20. I drive aggressivly of course.

It is getting expensive considering I pay 2.65/gal for premium in CA

WOW! Thanks, guys....you just made me feel much better about myself. I drive my Cobb AP Stg 2 pretty hard most of the time, and was bummed about my avg. 18.3 mpg for daily driving. With just a bit of restraint (shifting at 5k rpm) I find that my avg goes up to 19.5 mpg. Back when I was stock, the same attempts at aggressive driving gave me an average around 21.0 mpg.

penix, have you tried just resetting your Trip odometer? That resets your avg mpg readout to zero on the computer and starts the average process all over again. It's a nice feature for checking how various driving conditions affect avg mpg.

FYI the gas mileage on the display is going off the trip meter. If you reset it, chances are its going to change to something more reasonable.

You shouldn't be getting worse gas mileage than someone running stage 2.

My trip A says I'm getting 23.4 MPG. That's over 5,000 miles. I reset the trip B everytime I fill up and usually get around 21 mpg for the last few fillups. I drive mostly to and from school with the occasional drive to the Krispy Kreme. I took a long drive a few weeks ago to clear my head and got 30 mpg over 230 miles.

I average 22.7mpg almost every tank. This is driving moderately aggresive 50% of the time. On a freeway run to Seatac Airport I averaged 28mpg (over 180 miles).

I can't decide whether to take my Maxima (which gets around 32 on the freeway) on a road trip this summer or the Legacy. Too bad the Maxima has 140,000 miles on it :D

Take the leg the mpg will go up.I ran about 500 miles on a trip last week all highway and got 30 and as high as 32 mpg. ran about 5 mile per hr over the posted speed.Have 12k on her,no mods gt wagon.

Take the leg the mpg will go up.I ran about 500 miles on a trip last week all highway and got 30 and as high as 32 mpg. ran about 5 mile per hr over the posted speed.Have 12k on her,no mods gt wagon.

Damnnn...that's pretty good. I did a 300 mile trip a few weeks ago in my GT Ltd. wagon (no mods as well) and only managed 25.5 and I thought that was decent. I probably averaged 70-75 mph and I drove pretty conservatively.

The city mileage in the the Leg is disappointing. My first tank I averaged about 25 doing mainly highway miles. 2nd tank was like 21 with more city driving. I think my highway mileage will go up if I stick to using cruise more.

I have just turned 1000 miles in my car. It had 100 when I got it and the avg mpg was at 17.x. After puting about 600 miles on it, the avg mpg was up to 21.3. Once I was at about 700 miles, I reset the trip B and have been reseting every fill up and am avg 23.1. I mainly do 75/25 city/hwy. I don't drive it real aggressive most of the time but have gotten on it a few times. The good part though, is that I am coming from a 400+ hp 95 Z28 that was avg about 14-15 mpg, so I feel like I'm in a freaking Hybrid. lol

Kyle

WOW! Thanks, guys....you just made me feel much better about myself. I drive my Cobb AP Stg 2 pretty hard most of the time, and was bummed about my avg. 18.3 mpg for daily driving. With just a bit of restraint (shifting at 5k rpm) I find that my avg goes up to 19.5 mpg. Back when I was stock, the same attempts at aggressive driving gave me an average around 21.0 mpg.

penix, have you tried just resetting your Trip odometer? That resets your avg mpg readout to zero on the computer and starts the average process all over again. It's a nice feature for checking how various driving conditions affect avg mpg.

I have a base model and am jealous of your milage... well not really but it was BAD at first... now I'm averaging like 18-22... not much better than that even on ALL highway miles though...

I'm consistently getting 25 mpg per tank, with about 65% hwy driving. I'm pretty conservative usually, though I do like to 'feel the pull' every now and then. Haven't been on an extended road trip yet, 28 - 30 should be acheivable as long as the speed limit is observed. The turbo really eats into city driving MPG I've noticed.

Archived