LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Finally, I'm getting my deducible reimburse from my insurance and they paid for my wife hospital bill.

Since October of 2017, me and the wife been fighting with my health insurance because they did not pay the Hospital (Cardiologist) and I got a hefty bill (in the thousands) from the Hospital. Yesterday my insurance finally paid most of it (95%). I'm finally happy and I can pay the rest off tomorrow to the hospital.

Lumbar support finally broke after I hit a bump. Feels like I have side bolsters now, might keep it this way for a bit [emoji38]
Just wait until your back starts knocking. You'll fix it fast after that....if you can bend over to fix it that is.

Wow, I had not realized they were down to 2 models.

Yeah, apparently 2017 was the final model year for the 200. And I love this damning paragraph from its wiki:

In a January 9, 2017 interview with Autoblog, Marchionne explained the decision to end production on the vehicle and not offering a replacement for the United States or Canada: "I can tell you right now that both the Chrysler 200 and the Dodge Dart, as great products as they were, were the least financially rewarding enterprises that we've carried out inside FCA in the last eight years," adding "I don't know one investment that was as bad as these two were."

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/09/why-chrysler-200-dodge-dart-were-discontinued/

Priceless quotes. Investment or not, bait-n-switch rehashing of old products with a different body style (historically) has never been a good move.

I feel sorry for the poor Alfa Giuletta for ending up under the skin of the 200 and Dart, both forgetful like the old 300C (aka MB W211 E class) or the Crossfire (aka MB R170 SLK). FSA, Daimler, Chrysler never learn.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Giulietta_(940)

Yeah, apparently 2017 was the final model year for the 200. And I love this damning paragraph from its wiki:

In a January 9, 2017 interview with Autoblog, Marchionne explained the decision to end production on the vehicle and not offering a replacement for the United States or Canada: "I can tell you right now that both the Chrysler 200 and the Dodge Dart, as great products as they were, were the least financially rewarding enterprises that we've carried out inside FCA in the last eight years," adding "I don't know one investment that was as bad as these two were."

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/09/why-chrysler-200-dodge-dart-were-discontinued/

"as great products as they were"...? I'll have what he's having...must be some good stuff. Aside from the 300, chrysler hasn't made a car people want to drive since the PT Cruiser came out...17 years ago. Good riddance for sure.

Well the framing of a PT is just a Neon underneath. My mom loved hers for the simple fact it reminder her of the old dodge caravan we used to have when I was little. She liked it so much so that now she went out and bought another. Both are the turbo models and they boogie. Torque steer for days but my mom is a stoplight assassin :lol:. For a commuter car perspective, they have a ton of room when the seats fold down.

According to this site the 5th gen GT shares the same turbo inlet as the 2015-18 WRX, so it might fit

I think that is likely incorrect. The 5th Gen GT does not share the same turbo inlet at the 2015+ WRX. You might be able to get it to work but there are differences. For example, the Grimmspeed EBCS for the 2015+ WRX doesn't fit our inlet, so there are some differences.

Just comparing the diagram from the Subaru site to the photo on the Perrin site indicates differences.

I think that is likely incorrect. The 5th Gen GT does not share the same turbo inlet at the 2015+ WRX. You might be able to get it to work but there are differences. For example, the Grimmspeed EBCS for the 2015+ WRX doesn't fit our inlet, so there are some differences.

Just comparing the diagram from the Subaru site to the photo on the Perrin site indicates differences.

I thought the only reason the ebcs from a 2015+wrx didn't fit was because It doesn't have the same mounting point, but everything else is supposed to be plug and play, now this is what I've been told/have read, I did buy one, on other peoples recommendation, but if someone has one installed they would be better suited to answer.

you may be absolutely right about the inlet not working, but to my knowlegde the 2015+ ebcs does work.

According to this site the 5th gen GT shares the same turbo inlet as the 2015-18 WRX, so it might fit

That is the wrong part number (the picture shows the air intake duct though), the inlet is 14462AA470

https://estore.subarupartswarehouse.com/p/Subaru_2010_Legacy-GT-Limited-Sedan-25L-TURBO-6MT-4WD/DUCT-AIR-INTAKE/49226978/14462AA470.html

I have the Grimmspeed EBCS. I have it zip tied on because it does not mount, but the hoses are the same.

I think the Perrin inlet will work, I'm thinking about trying it.

I suspect with some work one could make it fit, but it wouldn't be a bolt in mod.

The bypass valve attachment has a different diameter, you would need a FA WRX style BPV or BOV.

The wastegate solenoid valve assembly is in a different location. I have an Grimmspeed EBCS on my car, I had to detach the Grimmspeed solenoid bracket assembly because it interfered with the bypass valve. The inlet bracket fitting did fit. You likely would need at least to run different vacuum hoses to make it work because of the different positioning, maybe the WRX wastegate solenoid valve assembly. The waste gate and turbo housing vacuum/boost source hoses are larger on the WRX than the 5th Gen GT.

I don't know about the other hoses, but I am sure as long it has the same amount fitting that it would work.

We have had our Odyssey almost 2 years and I just found the 3rd...yes 3rd fuse panel for the accessory plugs. WTH! Tell me Subaru isn't going that route as well. The wife has been talking more and more about the Ascent looking like we may be making a move toward one.

does anyone know if there is a specific air oil separator for our cars. like one that comes with actual instructions for our model... I'm assuming not, cause I can't find any I looked at crawford, grimmspeed and IAG... they say they fit our cars yet no instructions.

does anyone know if there is a specific air oil separator for our cars. like one that comes with actual instructions for our model... I'm assuming not, cause I can't find any I looked at crawford, grimmspeed and IAG... they say they fit our cars yet no instructions.
Nope. Gotta adapt.

Whelp, looks like I no longer drive the rarest car in the parking lot. My coworker flew down to Orlando on Friday to pick up his new car, an imported '93 Skyline GTS-T. GT-R front clip, full welded-in cage, aftermarket EMS, single-turbo RB25 swap, Project Mu front calipers- looks like someone put a bunch of money into doing things the right way on this car. The importer's butt dyno read somewhere around 400-450 RWHP, and it sounds like it's a handful even with the boost dialed back to about 7 PSI (down from 25) for the drive home. I have yet to hear it or see it in motion, but hopefully that'll happen soon.