LegacyGT.com

Are these bits normally orange?

They are brackets on my 09 LGT rear suspension and appear to be the brackets the rear sway bar bolts onto. Surprised to notice they are(were) painted bright orange. Does not appear to be stock. Not sure what, if anything, to make of it.

20190215_161044.thumb.jpg.d72ea75a9f949b2cf044791430584e9c.jpg

20190215_161103.thumb.jpg.8f5f6e26c8d10799b7dd31e7d4a96ed2.jpg

Those are AVO sway bar bracket reinforcements. A very good thing to have, essential for any upgraded sway bar, which you clearly have.

Huh, I never knew. I've owned this car for close to 2.5 years and did not know. This has been the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned. I've changed oil and tires on it and that is it. Makes me wonder what other add-ons might be here that I am not aware of.

OooOoohoohoohoo! Now you done it!

You called it right! Car is on jacks since yesterday getting new TPMS modules for winter tires. While it was up and I underneath I noticed grease splayed all over the downpipe and cross member. Split boot and needs replacement...

Believe these are the AVO brackets. Saw them in the forum the other day. No idea what they do but I imagine they just use stiffer metal or something.

Keeps you from bending or snapping off the sway bar mounts with an upgraded rear bar. Stock mounts are just thin cantilevered pieces.

Archived