05 LGT 5spd

Grimmspeed up pipe

Invidia catted dp and q300 CB

AEM afr gage

COBB 3 port ebcs

Grimmspeed intake

Moshimoto turbo inlet

APv3

Recently replaced some injector o-rings due to a fuel leak i was smelling coming from the passanger side between the turbo and tmic. Decided to do them all for safe measure. Also decided to replace the tgv gaskets and the throttle body gasket while the intake manifold was off. After everything was put back together the fuel leak ceased but i ran into an overboosting problem.. i have been tuned by Eric from Torqued performance for about 2 years now with no noticeable issues. My turbo is tuned to push 17psi but after the fuel leak i was overboosting upwards of about 21 psi.. got in touch with Eric so he threw me a new map.. (a side note MAYBE worth mentioning was upon startup with the new map i was idling super rich at a solid 13.. turned it off then back on and the afr read normal again ~14.7.. what?? Anyways..) after the new map the boost was fine.

My general question was what wouldve caused overboost after the fix.. initial thought was mayybbeee it wasnt running correctly when i bought the car? (My buddy told me normal vac at idle should be right around -8 but when i bought the car and installed the AP my vac was showing slightly different at -8.3 average.. SINCE the fuel leak happened about a month ago it dropped down to -8 and would bounce between -7.5 up to about -8.2 during idle.)

Anybody??

True, but that wouldn't be the case if it was tuned for it. Look at the parts that were changed to cause the new condition. Has the ambient temp changed drastically? Otherwise, if you're still on the same parts, but fixed them; and it was running correctly before, then it must have been tuned for it before (or the ECU was compensating for it). Did you reset the ECU after fixed the leaks? That might have been all it needed.

Update: might be a fuel injector/coil pack issue .. today i went to the grocery store and wanted to check for anymore issues. At about 11-12psi car started bucking. Changed my parameters to check cylinder roughness and cylinder three was giving me some ticks everytime the boost would hit that 11-12 psi causing car to buck. Can a coil pack/injector cause overboost?

Tbh the stock fuel cut our cars have at redline.. sorta felt like that when the car bucks just power loss at that exact moment. Im gonna move a coil pack and injector around just to be sure. Stay tuned *♂️ No pun intended

True' date=' but that wouldn't be the case if it was tuned for it. Look at the parts that were changed to cause the new condition. Has the ambient temp changed drastically? Otherwise, if you're still on the same parts, but fixed them; and it was running correctly before, then it must have been tuned for it before (or the ECU was compensating for it). Did you reset the ECU after fixed the leaks? That might have been all it needed.[/quote']

Yes i reset the ecu..

After i told Eric what was up, he sent me a new map same day and the overboost went away untill he sent me one more map.. the overboost came back which had me more puzzled

Still an overboost.. heres another question regarding the tuning if anyone is still following this..

Is it true that the only way to get the proper tuning done on the car is to log it with a wot pull? Like i dont plan on racing this anytime soon, im more for the reliability factor. Going theough this overboost issue ive been asked to wot pull log again but i have the feeling 20psi on whats supposed to be only 17psi will blow the turbo before i even hit 4500 rpms

Yes we went over all the vac lines we put back.. i was in a rush to get the job done so havent ordered any new hose kits which i regret. I suppose ill mention the shaft play i felt in the front of the turbine, a little late ...

my biddy sent me a link for a new turbine from turbo technics i think it is?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VF40-Billet-wheel-Turbo-CHRA-cartridge-for-Subaru-Legacy-GT-Outback-XT-VA430083/222287814385?epid=19010937597&hash=item33c162def1:g:OdcAAOSw2GlXGJ2P

Ill do a little more diagnosing before i jump the gun, but for now i have that saved for the next fix until i upgrade the whole turbo

Archived