LegacyGT.com

Steering wheel clunk, same as 2016 recall

Hey all, when I am parked with the car running, if I grab the steering wheel and turn it back and forth in quick, short motions, I hear a clunking noise. The dealership said everything is good. I disagreed, so I had the tech sit in the car with me as I did it. They will now be contacting an engineer for the car to look at it at the dealership. I told them my 2016 Legacy had the recall done back around 2017. It made the same noise from the same actions. I feel like it’s the same issue. I’ll let you know when it’s all checked out, what they find. Anyone else have this same issue?

Probably the same parts as the 2016 on the 2020+.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Possible. I know I am starting to see several 2020 Legacy’s in all trim levels getting lemon lawed and popping at local dealerships with only 5K on them. But that could also be due to people making up excuses to get out of a payment they can’t handle.

Possible. I know I am starting to see several 2020 Legacy’s in all trim levels getting lemon lawed and popping at local dealerships with only 5K on them. But that could also be due to people making up excuses to get out of a payment they can’t handle.

If only 5k on them people realize they aren't driving and can get most of their money back with used prices so high at the moment.

If only 5k on them people realize they aren't driving and can get most of their money back with used prices so high at the moment.

I dont think it’s that. Most of the cars are saying Subaru repurchased them due to “radio concerns” or something like that. It’s not like the STIs and WRXs that were repurchased due a “motor issue” or “transmission issue” where we all know the person went out and hammered the car until it broke and then demanded it be fixed and did it another two times.

One huge cause that is popping up is people are using the lemon laws to get out of the loan or lease because they can’t afford the payments etc... but the law does say of the problem is not fixed In three visits or the dealer has the car more then 60 days it can be lemoned.

A buyer who is getting into a Turbo XT should be expecting less then the EPA estimates. I know I would.

I dont think it’s that. Most of the cars are saying Subaru repurchased them due to “radio concerns” or something like that. It’s not like the STIs and WRXs that were repurchased due a “motor issue” or “transmission issue” where we all know the person went out and hammered the car until it broke and then demanded it be fixed and did it another two times.

One huge cause that is popping up is people are using the lemon laws to get out of the loan or lease because they can’t afford the payments etc... but the law does say of the problem is not fixed In three visits or the dealer has the car more then 60 days it can be lemoned.

A buyer who is getting into a Turbo XT should be expecting less then the EPA estimates. I know I would.

Where can you find out the cars on the lot are repurchases and the reason?

Where can you find out the cars on the lot are repurchases and the reason?

I am just looking at the local Subaru Dealers webpage. If it was a Subaru Repurchase they will note that in the description of the car. It will also show up on the car fax report. Carfax lists these cars as “manufacturer buyback/Lemon”.

It is a branded title. That’s the huge downside. The brand to me is a huge issue regardless if it was just a radio replacement.

I am just looking at the local Subaru Dealers webpage. If it was a Subaru Repurchase they will note that in the description of the car. It will also show up on the car fax report. Carfax lists these cars as “manufacturer buyback/Lemon”.

It is a branded title. That’s the huge downside. The brand to me is a huge issue regardless if it was just a radio replacement.

I've never seen one around here. Wondering if they ship them to areas that "accept" them?

Edited by Stuff

I've never seen one around here. Wondering if they ship them to areas that "accept" them?

Multiple dealers have them here. It may be a regional thing where only the top dealers get them to offload.

In certain states I think they are not allowed to sell branded title cars yours may be one.

• 1 month later...
I spoke with the dealership today. A Subaru engineer looked at the vehicle and said there is no issue. They compared it to a couple of other Legacy’s with less mileage, and said they make the same noise. Apparently it’s normal. At least I know it’s safe.