LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Well you can drop it however low you want. For me I had whiteline lowering springs first with stock shocks. I do not recommend that setup. The front was so low I would hit the ice chunks off people's wheel well droppings. So the BCs raised me up about 1.5 inches in the front (car was raked). Overall I think I have it set about an inch lower than stock, maybe a little more. The center of the bumper is 6.5 in and the side (in front of the wheel) is probably about 5-5.5."

I just realized I don't have a picture since I installed them so I'll have to take one and you can see how low. This one is from when I had the springs, so it's about the same in the back and a little higher than this up front.

I see, Ah that's actually not too bad at all. Any other suspension mods you had to make for the coils or where they just set to install from the box?

Currently she sits stock with only upgrade is the beefier rear sway bar.

Well...I needed adjustable rear lower control arms to get back to stock camber after. That COULD be a function of the dealership tech...as I didn't have that issue with my lowering springs. Also, you don't HAVE to run stock camber...just be aware that your tires could wear funny.

I also recommend a front strut bar which was my first mod, but not required for the coils. Beefy RSB was a great idea, that and the strut bar were the most bang for the buck of all the mods given their low price.

• 3 weeks later...
I believe either mechman or jsalternators makes one for our car,I’m also thinking of upgrading mine,I did all big3 and all wires 1/0 ofc gauge,but when I’m driving and bass hits I can feel the car loses power.

Been offline for awhile but thanks, I ended up grabbing a 320 amp small hairpin alt from apex alternators and got it powder coated all under 500 .I’ll post once iv installed. The stock only pushes like 105. I threw in a bigger interstate battery under the hood and slapped a yellow top in the trunk and still my lights dim and my rpms drop when the bass hits. Kinda felt I went overkill with 320 but eh lol I’m at 1/0 but I’m gonna run 00 gauge from alt to battery and swap out all my wire to 00.

Been offline for awhile but thanks, I ended up grabbing a 320 amp small hairpin alt from apex alternators and got it powder coated all under 500 .I’ll post once iv installed. The stock only pushes like 105. I threw in a bigger interstate battery under the hood and slapped a yellow top in the trunk and still my lights dim and my rpms drop when the bass hits. Kinda felt I went overkill with 320 but eh lol I’m at 1/0 but I’m gonna run 00 gauge from alt to battery and swap out all my wire to 00.

Cool man,let me know how the new alternator works out,I removed my subs for now,everyone I turn my headlights on I hear a noise through my speakers,seems like a grounding issue.

I had noise from my stereo install too. This is what I did. No dim issue and no audio wine. 0 awg from alt to batt. 0awg from batt neg to chassis. 3 other points grounded in engine. Ensured my ground points are sanded including in the trunk. Ran a in line noise filter for the power on the head unit, ran a second one on the power for my line level converter. Both have there own grounds sanded of course.

Pipeman's Installation Solution 10 Amp Inline Power Noise Suppressor Filter - (2-Pack) Eliminator Isolator Universal 12-Volt Car Audio Radio Ground Loop https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NPF6KVL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_7MF7T47W6TS5MYF2BB4Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

From there it’s about the tune. There’s a sweet spot between gain on loc vs head unit volume vs gain on the amps. I run a speaker 4 channel and a sub amp. I also have a capacitor in the trunk I’m running 1400watts rms so realistically I’m over 2k but no issues. My wiring is all high quality oxygen free copper ring terminals are all copper that I soldered onto the wires for the grounds as well. Side note there are 2 ground wires on the stock head unit for some reason one of em works with the lights if u tapped into that one. I’d recommend not sharing the headunit ground but make a new ground instead if that’s what you did.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

I had noise from my stereo install too. This is what I did. No dim issue and no audio wine. 0 awg from alt to batt. 0awg from batt neg to chassis. 3 other points grounded in engine. Ensured my ground points are sanded including in the trunk. Ran a in line noise filter for the power on the head unit, ran a second one on the power for my line level converter. Both have there own grounds sanded of course.

Pipeman's Installation Solution 10 Amp Inline Power Noise Suppressor Filter - (2-Pack) Eliminator Isolator Universal 12-Volt Car Audio Radio Ground Loop https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NPF6KVL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_7MF7T47W6TS5MYF2BB4Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

From there it’s about the tune. There’s a sweet spot between gain on loc vs head unit volume vs gain on the amps. I run a speaker 4 channel and a sub amp. I also have a capacitor in the trunk I’m running 1400watts rms so realistically I’m over 2k but no issues. My wiring is all high quality oxygen free copper ring terminals are all copper that I soldered onto the wires for the grounds as well. Side note there are 2 ground wires on the stock head unit for some reason one of em works with the lights if u tapped into that one. I’d recommend not sharing the headunit ground but make a new ground instead if that’s what you did.

Thanks didn’t know stock HU had 2 grounds,but what I did I added another ground wire from the HU to a metal bar behind the HU, but even then I didn’t have the noise issue when I turn lights it just started happening out of nowhere,but I’ll remove the ground wire I added and see if that’ll fix the issue.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

Alt works perfect no loss of power when bass is booming the lights don’t dim or nothing. install

Time was easily 5 minutes or so

You using Stock pully and belt? I inquired about the same Amperage and they said it has a smaller pully so I would have to source a different belt.. Just curious..[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Found some corrosion on my battery and tie down while test fitting my new intake (not ready to install it). Pulled it apart, cleaned and painted it. Looks like I still missed a spot...was focused on the underside...but it looks much better now.e24794e0c460c325f28eee450abfefe0.jpg80dbd7bea5b618bc180074fb94be5cef.jpg32fdcb18a9d078113a1dd74c72ac062b.jpg

You using Stock pully and belt? I inquired about the same Amperage and they said it has a smaller pully so I would have to source a different belt.. Just curious..[emoji848]

Yeah stock belt works fine on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah stock belt works fine on mine

Scratch that my belt got chewed up on day 2 lol think the pulley is offset gonna do a lil investigating before I throw the new belt in

Looks like Car Show season might happen in 2021 so I pulled thebtrugger and installed my custom Rear Rotors from Cquence Brakes.[ATTACH]290874[/ATTACH][ATTACH]290875[/ATTACH]

Looks good

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Looks like Car Show season might happen in 2021 so I pulled thebtrugger and installed my custom Rear Rotors from Cquence Brakes.[ATTACH]290874[/ATTACH][ATTACH]290875[/ATTACH]

that’s straight fire [emoji91]love it