LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

The best Jeep was the Inline 6 4.0L.

I had (2) Jeep Cherokee. The I6 and the 4.7L V8. I have worked on the unlimited wrangler and they can keep it. Dropping the fuel tank is a nightmare and putting a lift kit the rear was easy but the front is another nightmare.

The best Jeep was the Inline 6 4.0L.

I had (2) Jeep Cherokee. The I6 and the 4.7L V8. I have worked on the unlimited wrangler and they can keep it. Dropping the fuel tank is a nightmare and putting a lift kit the rear was easy but the front is another nightmare.

I used to have an 02' Ram 1500 with the 4.7, sometimes I miss the power that thing had :rolleyes:

I changed my DD from a 2014 grand Cherokee summit 5.7L/8spd to a 2018 F150 3.5L/10spd. Both are great vehicles but the Jeep was unreliable in small and annoying ways and that was with only 65k miles.

My truck is very well optioned (Lariat w/. 502a pkg) but the Jeep had more plush materials inside and a more luxurious feel overall. The truck feels waaaaay faster though with the ecoboost offering almost 500 lbs of tq and the 10spd auto keeping in an efficient gear. After 6 months of ownership I’m getting better mpg and I don’t think I’ll ever not daily a truck.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Sometimes I’m tempted to go back to Jeep. I’ve had 8 over the course of almost 20 years. The last was a ‘05 Unlimited TJ. Looking back I should have kept it and then bought a DD. I still have the brackets on the wall in my garage to hang the doors on. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I Donated
OH i never said it would be easy.....but would definitely make for an interesting project car

Fixt.

If you think it's a good idea to DD something like that, either you're unemployed, or you're a dumbass. :hide:[emoji38]

2016 F10 535i xDrive. Picked up in September as CPO and did some mods. Stage 1 tune putting out ~425 at motor/~380 to the wheels. Purchased with 29k on it.

Just put on some wheels and painted calipers..

Still have Legacy 3.6R intake and front lip for sale if anyone wants them. Need them gone. PM if interested.

9c3254ccb9b886e5b3758d9b466e75f7.jpga10395c66139ffc8c08affdae8eb89ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Edited by LegitLegacy

Hey LegitLegacy, those are the exact wheels I was looking at (yesterday) from Fitment Industries for my black LGT... how do you like them? They look great on your car!

I imagine it will push me to want the Brembo upgrade too...:)

Hey LegitLegacy, those are the exact wheels I was looking at (yesterday) from Fitment Industries for my black LGT... how do you like them? They look great on your car!

I imagine it will push me to want the Brembo upgrade too...:)

Thanks man. I love them. Just know they are blanks and bolt pattern is drilled after you order. So expect some touch up paint around the bolt holes. Great quality wheels with aggressive concave.

I got them last Friday and decided to paint the calipers before I put them on over the weekend.

Some before and after. a09fb59da0614ecdfa1b1afd9a76940f.jpgf57422e23e1e26ae029da821a3fff369.jpg2418d39936dca51bc962b52177fa1002.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It would only be a project only until it gets finished. [emoji38]

But my plan at least in my head is to buy the crosstrek for my wife to daily for a couple of years and when the motor or transmission blows I will store it in preparation for the swap.

I intend on keeping the spec. B as my daily. But for reference I only put about 10k/yr on my current dd. I usually ride a motorcycle in the summer but I could bike/ take public transit if needed so not unemployed and not a dumbass.

What's your excuse :p

That thing will never blow, if that's your plan.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• I Donated
What's your excuse :p

My excuse for what? Being a realist and knowing what I'm talking about?

That thing will never blow, if that's your plan.

Or if it does, by the time it does, we'll all be buying self-driving electric cars.

And, more to the point, the Spec.B will be dead long before then. Turbo EJs aren't exactly the most reliable thing ever.

Knowing my wife she will drive it for 2-4yrs and want something else after that but I'm looking for any excuse to make it my next project.

Prime motoring put an assent FA24 into the crosstrek in the link below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1fCYO0AHhg/?igshid=1kp3jysxyp4sn

And trubosquatch on IG did it as well but with the factory cvt.

Future goals I guess.

You are too short sighted about this

My next car purchase will be in the next couple of years not the next ten to fifteen.

When the motor in my spec b dies, I will park it and a built block will be going in so no reason I can't keep it running and well maintained.

Yeah I seen that, the fa24 swap it is very intriguing, but there is no info on being able to keep the DI or if its converted to PI. Unless there are significant gains in the fa24 design alone, losing DI is a no go for me.

• I Donated
You are too short sighted about this

My next car purchase will be in the next couple of years not the next ten to fifteen.

No I'm not. I'm being realistic.

You gonna have that Crosstrek all paid off by the time your wife wants a new car? You gonna have room to park it? You gonna have the $10k+ (more likely $15k+) to get the standalone CAN-BUS-compatible ECU wired in and everything working reliably? Do you even know what's involved in transplanting an engine and transmission from one CAN-BUS car to another? Why wouldn't you just spend the money on a project car that has better performance per dollar? An LS powered Camaro or C5 Corvette is going to get you a lot more bang-for-the-buck.

When the motor in my spec b dies, I will park it and a built block will be going in so no reason I can't keep it running and well maintained.

K. Fact remains that it's relatively easy to build an EJ (although, have you ever even R&Red an engine before, let alone tried to build a Subaru shortblock? It's not as simple as it seems). It's not nearly as easy to swap an engine and transmission into a car where they were never available stock.

It's not nearly as easy to swap an engine and transmission into a car where they were never available stock.

Except pretty much every subaru engine and trans mounts up almost identically. With very few exceptions. The fa24 isnt one though. It wont be long before Haltech has a PNP option for DIT swaps as well, I mean since we're being realistic. Not everyone wants a fairweather project car.

• I Donated
Except pretty much every subaru engine and trans mounts up almost identically. With very few exceptions.

The physical part isn't the issue. If the electronics were easy, we'd see a lot more non-GT Legacys with EJ255s.

For the legacy I would probably buy a built short block rather than do a R&R on an EJ255 to save on the downtime and cost of tools I would need to buy/replace.

R&R = Remove & Reinstall. You still have to do that if you're putting in a shortblock. :confused:

I have R&R a few Honda and Toyota motors years before I got into Subarus. So I'm not to worried about the difficulty of swapping a motor or transmission into a car that didn't come with that motor/transmission.

Once again, the physical part isn't the issue. We're not talking about some early 90s OBDI Honda here. A lot of things changed between 2000 and 2010.

Seriously, do a search on "EJ255 into NA Legacy" on here. The only people who have done it successfully had a donor car at their disposal. While you're at it, search "auto to manual swap" as well. Don't think anyone was ever able to get one to work like it did from the factory.

The physical part isn't the issue. If the electronics were easy, we'd see a lot more non-GT Legacys with EJ255s.

R&R = Remove & Reinstall. You still have to do that if you're putting in a shortblock. :confused:

Remove and Replace, would be the correct terminology for automotive applications. And I don't recall anyone claiming any part of this swap was easy. But it is certainly not impossible.

• I Donated
Remove and Replace, would be the correct terminology for automotive applications. And I don't recall anyone claiming any part of this swap was easy. But it is certainly not impossible.
Very little is impossible, if you have enough time, money, and expertise.

I kinda doubt tysparks has those things though. That's my point.

Very little is impossible, if you have enough time, money, and expertise.

I kinda doubt tysparks has those things though. That's my point.

Maybe you need those things, some of us can make do with determination and willingness to learn.

• I Donated
Maybe you need those things, some of us can make do with determination and willingness to learn.

You don't need time, money, and expertise to do a complex swap?

Yeah okay. :lol::lol::lol:

LMK how it goes doing that swap in a week with $100 and someone who's never touched electrical before. :lol:

You don't need time, money, and expertise to do a complex swap?

Yeah okay. :lol::lol::lol:

LMK how it goes doing that swap in a week with $100 and someone who's never touched electrical before. :lol:

Who said it needed to be done in a week? Or on a $100 budget? And you don't need expertise just the right information. Maybe you need to be right in front of a project to get things planned and organized for it, but some of us can multitask and be productive. But you keep on trying to prove you know something. :p

• 2 months later...

Some of the cars I've been thinking about:

Model 3 AWD with ludicrous mode - should be fun. But $$$.

Lexus IS 350 F Sport AWD - should have fun handling. Significant power gains will be expensive?

Infiniti Q50 3.0t AWD - engine has a great potential and it is a sleeper. Not sure if steering/handling are ok. Seems to be a great value. Lost in trim choices.

Some of the cars I've been thinking about:

Model 3 AWD with ludicrous mode - should be fun. But $$$.

Lexus IS 350 F Sport AWD - should have fun handling. Significant power gains will be expensive?

Infiniti Q50 3.0t AWD - engine has a great potential and it is a sleeper. Not sure if steering/handling are ok. Seems to be a great value. Lost in trim choices.

Personally I would go with the infiniti. I can't remember if they use Electric steering or hydraulic though.

If it's anything like the g37 the q50 will be...fine. It's handling is...fine. It's steering is fine. The seats are...fine. It looks...fine. The power is adequate. The transmission is acceptable. They're not necessarily bad cars, in fact they're pretty okay, but they're bland. My dad has a g37x and I've spent plenty of time with it... there's nothing remarkable about infiniti's, it's like vanilla pudding cups, if it's offered then oh, okay, cool I can get down, but if I'm buying snack packs it's gonna be chocolate.