LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

V8 FWD Chevy Impala Malibu SS?

Unless they fix the torque steer. I rented a 2018 V6 FWD Chevy Impala. Plenty of power from the V6, no complaints. The torque steer from a passing 2 cars that was doing 45 in a 55mph was trouble. Reminded me way I don't like or own FWD vehicles.

On a side note. The Chevy Impala interior seem more cramp them my 2013 BWM 5 Series, but as a bigger trunk. Looking at the to cars side by side. The 18 Chevy Impala looks narrower and longer the the BMW.

Edited by HAMMER DOWN

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Chevy SS, but badge un-engineered to look like it's Aussie counterpart, the Holden Commodore.

Come to think of it, I saw a red SS with Holden badges on the road near me a couple years ago- took me a second to figure out what I was looking at.

the holden badges were actually a dealer option

Better hurry if you want the 3.6 we love both of ours & totally agree about getting eyesight.

My wife has a Ford Escape as a rental this week for a work trip. No adaptive cruise and she hates it. Once you have adaptive, nothing else will do :).

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked out the brochure for the 2020 Legacy - the XT Limited looks pretty good! Sadly, the 6MT is gone - will be interesting to see how the 2.4 DIT engine does long term - Has Subaru adopted a secondary injector to keep the valves clean, or is that engine another doomed to carbon foul sort of beast? Stock engine numbers are close to the EJ25 turbo, but the new car is likely quite a bit heavier...

If my GT were to go away, I'd be tempted!

My wife has a Ford Escape as a rental this week for a work trip. No adaptive cruise and she hates it. Once you have adaptive, nothing else will do :).

I was surprised just how much of a difference adaptive cruise makes on long, trips, with inter-trip congestion. Depending on which of the three settings is "on", the OB paces at ~180', ~140', and ~100' and balances speed of advance out nicely.

Obviously the higher the speed, the more following distance needed, and when you "gap" and someone whips in because you left a gap, ACC slows the car, opens the gap, and continues. When the gap reopens, it brings the car up to speed and holds it at its preset until it detects a change in spacing.

Very seamless, and trip speed actually benefits because you're not slingshotting, and stopping and going nearly as much. It shaved nearly 30 mins off a recent 200 mile trip, which we had made many times before. Same condition, same locational congestion, same period of time, and this trip was smoother and faster.

This newest generation of ACC is even better, and, with the addition of lane keeping, and proximity warning, should make for an even more relaxed driving experience. It's still not autonomous by a long shot, and will never replace driver alertness and situational awareness.

I'm still too much of a gearhead to be lured into first-adopter status in a vehicle. But, in the case of ACC, rather than being a "tech" prone to failure, in my view, it's a force multiplier behind the wheel.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

There's a lot to like about the new 2.4T. Smoothness and power delivery to be sure. Quietness and DI fouling jury's still out.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Have any of you heard/drove a Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin? Late 2000's had the v8 vs. the v6

4.6l V8. AWD 6speed auto.

Horsepower

292 @ 5700 RPM

Torque

315 @ 4000 RPM

Somewhat compared to the Chevy 1500 SS that was AWD and an extended cab.

I was surprised just how much of a difference adaptive cruise makes on long, trips, with inter-trip congestion. Depending on which of the three settings is "on", the OB paces at ~180', ~140', and ~100' and balances speed of advance out nicely.

Obviously the higher the speed, the more following distance needed, and when you "gap" and someone whips in because you left a gap, ACC slows the car, opens the gap, and continues. When the gap reopens, it brings the car up to speed and holds it at its preset until it detects a change in spacing.

Very seamless, and trip speed actually benefits because you're not slingshotting, and stopping and going nearly as much. It shaved nearly 30 mins off a recent 200 mile trip, which we had made many times before. Same condition, same locational congestion, same period of time, and this trip was smoother and faster.

This newest generation of ACC is even better, and, with the addition of lane keeping, and proximity warning, should make for an even more relaxed driving experience. It's still not autonomous by a long shot, and will never replace driver alertness and situational awareness.

I'm still too much of a gearhead to be lured into first-adopter status in a vehicle. But, in the case of ACC, rather than being a "tech" prone to failure, in my view, it's a force multiplier behind the wheel.

I had a 2003 Infiniti M45 with an early generation adaptive cc and it was great for all of the reasons above, when it worked. It was laggy in its speed adjustments and did slingshot to an almost unsafe degree - i was used to it but other drivers wouldn't always expect the the speed changes so in heavy traffic I got enough horns and fingers to decide to use it only in light conditions. It was also easily spoofed by direct sunlight (going up a hill at sunrise/sunset).

We test drove the following on Saturday to replace my wife's leased 2016 Limited Crosstrek (with her comments):

2019 3.6R Limited Legacy - Too low, but liked the power

2019 3.6R Touring Outback - Too big

2019 Touring Forester - Really liked this one

Still need to drive the 2019 Crosstrek, but I think she is kinda set on the Forester.

I had a 2019 Forester for a two week loaner. I was impressed. Other than the power deficit I liked it much better than the ~2016 FXT loaner I had a few years back. The new platform seems to have given it a much roomier interior and better ride.

Hands down it was the best all round vehicle. It's on the new platform that the Legacy and Outback will be on. It actually has more rear seat leg room than the 5th gen Legacys, which already have quite a bit.

This one had the facial recognition also, which can have up to 5 users. You can preset your seat, mirrors, and climate control, and it keeps an eye on you while you are driving.

Scary. (Facial recognition)

Is it reporting your bad, unsafe, illegal habits too? While I wish my 4th gen LGT had Bluetooth....I am good not having the rest. My $.02

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Scary. (Facial recognition)

Is it reporting your bad, unsafe, illegal habits too? While I wish my 4th gen LGT had Bluetooth....I am good not having the rest. My $.02

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I have a feeling it will be a trickle down to all models like Eyesight is becoming. Eyesight is now standard on all Forester, Legacy, Outback, and Ascents. It's optional on basically all the Impreza based models.

We test drove a 2019 Crosstrek Limited, and a Forester Limited on Saturday. I think we are leaning toward the Forester Limited depending on the lease payment. I would love to get the Touring, but not worth the extra over the Limited.