LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

An Audi could definitely be fun for a little while...how long will it live at 550whp realistically?

You gotta pay to play. 550whp in my book is a fast car.

You pick two 'cheap, fast, or reliable'

Edited by dgoodhue
edit typo from 'is' to 'in'

I drove the RS3 before getting my Q50 Red Sport.

It was quick, but it was a tad smaller on the inside than my WRX. I couldn't justify the total price, including the handling package that put 255s up front and 235s in the rear.

So, I went with the Q50.

I looked at an RS5 about two months ago. I was looking at a used GTR as a second car for me, and a new RS5 was just a little more.

I didn't take it for a drive. I didn't like the seats nor the driving position, and when I looked in the trunk, under the spare wheel, there was at least one heavy gauge wire running across the bottom of the trunk (under the spare wheel).

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Currently taking a 2002 land Rover discovery 2 for an extended test drive. Cause nothing says reliable like an early century British truck.

Whenever you hit the brakes hard, the ABS, traction control and downhill crawl mode lights come on. Getting the key out of the ignition is a battle everytime. The check engine light is permanently on. The front wheel bearings appear to be shot. There's a few rattles and squeaks that are maddening. The aftermarket stereo head unit is only usable by a tweeker (that kind).

On the plus side, you sit high enough to look into semi-trucks. It's solid everywhere. It's really tall...like can't park in the garage or any parking structure. It can tow 7700 lbs. Comes with a roof rack that's not fazed by the parking structure height check beam ;-)

My wife is already talking about how many vehicles it would replace.

There's a cts-v wagon here on recent trade in. I'll know details on it once it goes through detailing. Highly considering it

do it do it do it do it. i'm assuming it's not a unicorn and manual too, but even still how can you go wrong with a 550hp wagon?

I love the late 80's to early 90's Japanese mini trucks. I keep searching for a decent Toyota or Mazda B2200. I could really benefit from a truck but love the legacy too much to sell it. A part of me wants the Legacy to run forever. I've never had a car that I thoroughly enjoy driving every single day. I'll be in OBX this summer and I've spotted a couple trucks in that area. Will I drive one home? I dont think my gf will be fond of the idea lol

• I Donated
do it do it do it do it. i'm assuming it's not a unicorn and manual too, but even still how can you go wrong with a 550hp wagon?
I was disappointed by the 2013 CTS-V manual that I test drove. Keep in mind that the redesign was in 2008, so the tech is over 10 years old, and it's pretty small inside. Plus the non Recaro seats suck, the moonroof sunshade is translucent, and even with only 13k on it, the one I drove was full of creaks and rattles. All this for $43k!

I was disappointed by the 2013 CTS-V manual that I test drove. Keep in mind that the redesign was in 2008, so the tech is over 10 years old, and it's pretty small inside. Plus the non Recaro seats suck, the moonroof sunshade is translucent, and even with only 13k on it, the one I drove was full of creaks and rattles. All this for $43k!

yeah, typical GM. the one i got to drive was chintzy, just like any c6 or older corvette, you're just paying for the engine and drive. i'd still take an ATS-V sedan all things said if i had to stick with caddy, but damn do i love a hot wagon

It's an auto. Still don't know the list price. However there is also an ATSV for sale. Talking with my GF last night she isn't apposed to a sports car. As long as it's auto for her. Seems like best value is a an ats-v or a Kia stinger. As soon as you mentioned the word Kia she hates it :lol:

It's an auto. Still don't know the list price. However there is also an ATSV for sale. Talking with my GF last night she isn't apposed to a sports car. As long as it's auto for her. Seems like best value is a an ats-v or a Kia stinger. As soon as you mentioned the word Kia she hates it :lol:

Sounds like my wife - she bristled at the thought of anything with the letters "Cadillac", no matter how much I liked the "V" series: you're not an old geezer yet! :lol:

I have a 2013 CTS-V wagon manual w/Recaros. Best seats I have ever sat in. Also got one sans moonroof because indeed it can leak and the translucent shade is crap. Car is tight and rattle free at 31k miles.

Edited by unclemat

• I Donated
yeah, typical GM. the one i got to drive was chintzy, just like any c6 or older corvette, you're just paying for the engine and drive. i'd still take an ATS-V sedan all things said if i had to stick with caddy, but damn do i love a hot wagon

ATS-V is too small.

Really want to get back into an SS. Loved mine and miss it. Hoping for a manual with no sunroof this time around, but they are super rare. Wife also has to approve the purchase.

considering a fiesta st....drove one the other day it was too fun, had the recaro seats, it was definitely a fiesta inside but damn what a fun little go kart.

Someone talk me out of it.

No argument here. I have not heard one person speak badly of them. That being said, I had a base Fiesta sedan rental car a couple years ago and it was the worst new car I had ever driven. If the ST fixes the issues with that car, then you are set.

The abarth500 are super fun to drive too.

Meh. I actually looked at one after reading all the glorious reports and was expecting a lot. It's not really much fun to drive at all. Wrong wheel drive, awkward seating position and junky interior. And a turning radius of a cruise ship.

The i3 I bought is way way more fun to drive.

Im going to be shot but..I kinda want a Genesis G80. Similar in size to the FGL (interior, much bigger exterior). Its got plenty of power with the twin turbo V6, and burger tuning makes a piggyback chip that jumps power from 324/395 to 394/495.

Genesis is desperately trying to do what Lexus did in the 90s and while I would never get one new, a CPO one with 30k for around 28-32k would be well worth it for a luxury car.

Im going to be shot but..I kinda want a Genesis G80. Similar in size to the FGL (interior, much bigger exterior). Its got plenty of power with the twin turbo V6, and burger tuning makes a piggyback chip that jumps power from 324/395 to 394/495.

Genesis is desperately trying to do what Lexus did in the 90s and while I would never get one new, a CPO one with 30k for around 28-32k would be well worth it for a luxury car.