LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

so you want a spacious hatchback with a great auto box awd and a turbo motor...

y u no want golf r with dsg? :)

a stage 2 dsg r smokes any of the above listed cars at a similar or cheaper price. and its not boy racer like that thing they call an STi now.

yes, im a bit biased lol, but honestly.

I am pretty sure he didn't mention anything VW for a reason...;)

I am pretty sure he didn't mention anything VW for a reason...;)

See username :lol:. Also see dieselgate.

Golf is a little small in the back.. And the cargo area is significantly smaller than the LGT.. Still, a maybe..

If your wants are 4 door and performance its not silly at all. Most of us have a really wide range of whats acceptable for the right price or features.

This. It's also a matter of "what mods are available to overcome shortcomings".

6 yr 72k warranty. The new interior is really nice. def nicer than any of the other hot hatches, but a bit more expensive at the same time.

I stole mine for about the same as a civic R, so i'm pretty satisfied.

Did just get a recall notice for one of the fuel lines, only an issue for 18' R and only for about 250 of them. I guess i just hit the recall lottery.

Can always ignore it and hope it burns so i can get an rs3 :)

Official reveal will be at the Chicago auto show next Thursday.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/01/31/2020-subaru-legacy-teased-luxurious-interior-chicago-auto-show/

b0cd36e0-256e-11e9-b77b-32512e0caa5f

dims?crop=9000%2C5051%2C0%2C4&quality=85&format=jpg&resize=716%2C402&image_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fos%2Fcreatr-uploaded-images%2F2019-01%2Fd5f82330-256e-11e9-bfee-413a8ad98ac6&client=a1acac3e1b3290917d92&signature=c826fa08a4c1a5bd06636c2a12b185a1e8dac43d

Couple of things to note

1) Its a nice looking silloette. Looks like a mix of an evolved 6th gen and a wrx

2) If you see the tablet console, towards the bottom on the left, that is showing a cooled seat

3) The car will be getting the 2.4L from the ascent, to replace the 3.6

- The ascent weighs nearly 4500 lbs and hits 60 in under 7

- The last legacy weighed 3600 in top trim. A good guesstimate is if the motor is the same tune thrown in, it'll hit 60 in the mid 5s.

4) The leather looks like a touring car but from what it sounds like, the car will be a significant step up from the current model (at least in top trim)

I will seriously consider trading my 5th gen in for this if im right about points 3 + 4 (1 and 2 are confirmed)

You have to increase that 0 to 60 estimate a smidge due to the CVT lag during takeoff. Unless it can be tuned out somehow, but the wrx with CVT has a 6 second run to 60 IIRC.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This engine is significantly more powerful than a stock WRX motor. (190 whp on the 2.0 vs 226 on the 2.4 on The same dyno) The 2.4 is taking a 4500 monster to 60 in under 7 seconds. Take off 800-900 lbs and you'll get mid 5s

Ed has tuned it out of it. But let's see what they give us

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

• I Donated
Does the leasing have additional incentives that are not available for outright purchases?

When I bought, it was 0.9% for 75 months, $2000 purchase cash if you ddin't finance through them, or $6200 lease cash. Even with having to transfer title (including inspection, which in MD occurs when a vehicle is retitled and no other time) and get new tags, it was a lot cheaper. The lease cash is even higher now, I think, although not as high as it was in November on remaindered 2018s (at or close to the five-figure mark).

By repeatedly insulting me, you're really NOT helping your point :lol:

Damn dude, you sure took that personally, considering I wasn't even thinking of you when I posted it. :lol: I was mostly trying to get a rise out of FLLegacy. :hide:

Also, I think you're probably too old for an STI, and probably even a WRX. I am, and you've probably got a decade or two on me. YMMV, but it's much harder to live with on a daily basis than on the test drive. It wears on you.

This engine is significantly more powerful than a stock WRX motor. (190 whp on the 2.0 vs 226 on the 2.4 on The same dyno) The 2.4 is taking a 4500 monster to 60 in under 7 seconds. Take off 800-900 lbs and you'll get mid 5s

His point is that the CVT WRX is over half a second slower than the 6MT one, despite otherwise identical specs and powertrain.

Also, only 36 extra whp? That's pretty disappointing. Basically, same power levels as a normal (non-S209) EJ257. Hopefully they massage it a little if they drop it in the STI.

Let's rephrase and give all info

The wrx is 190/180 on a 91 tune..the ascent is 226/268 on an 87 tune..36/88 on a worse tune is pretty good

My actual point is cobb saw chain slippage on the cvt they tested before nixing the high hp tunes for it. That concerns me more than anything else I am not sure if that can be fixed with tuning. The 2.4 making more power isnt going to make that a non issue.

Damn dude, you sure took that personally, considering I wasn't even thinking of you when I posted it. [emoji38] I was mostly trying to get a rise out of FLLegacy.

His point is that the CVT WRX is over half a second slower than the 6MT one, despite otherwise identical specs and powertrain.

You are just evil, [emoji38]

But yeah that was my point, and the WRX can be launched into the 4.5s 0 to 60 times easily even stock. I believe the first reviewers were encourage to do so by Subaru engineers. I will try to find that article and link it.

You are just evil, [emoji38]

But yeah that was my point, and the WRX can be launched into the 4.5s 0 to 60 times easily even stock. I believe the first reviewers were encourage to do so by Subaru engineers. I will try to find that article and link it.

Was that the 6mt or cvt?

My actual point is cobb saw chain slippage on the cvt they tested before nixing the high hp tunes for it. That concerns me more than anything else I am not sure if that can be fixed with tuning. The 2.4 making more power isnt going to make that a non issue.

The CVT is not, and never will be a good tuning trans...that said, I do think towing 5k lbs is far more taxing then going from 225 to 300 who or even 350 wtq

• I Donated
Let's rephrase and give all info

The wrx is 190/180 on a 91 tune..the ascent is 226/268 on an 87 tune..36/88 on a worse tune is pretty good

True. I had forgotten about the fuel difference.

Of course, the STI is going to run on 93, but I doubt the Legacy 2.4 CVT Boring-Ass Family Sedan is. :hide:

the WRX can be launched into the 4.5s 0 to 60 times easily even stock. I believe the first reviewers were encourage to do so by Subaru engineers. I will try to find that article and link it.

You're probably talking about the C&D one:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15111292/2015-subaru-wrx-sedan-manual-test-review/

First of all, they got 4.8 seconds, and second of all, they did it by revving to redline and dropping the clutch. I don't really consider that a real-world number, given the fact that if you actually own the car, you're never going to do that.

Plus, in real-world driving the stock tune is laggy as hell when you punch it at speed. I speak from 2.5 years of experience. :spin:

True. I had forgotten about the fuel difference.

Of course, the STI is going to run on 93, but I doubt the Legacy 2.4 CVT Boring-Ass Family Sedan is. :hide:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15111292/2015-subaru-wrx-sedan-manual-test-review/

First of all, they got 4.8 seconds, and second of all, they did it by revving to redline and dropping the clutch. I don't really consider that a real-world number, given the fact that if you actually own the car, you're never going to do that.

Plus, in real-world driving the stock tune is laggy as hell when you punch it at speed. I speak from 2.5 years of experience. :spin:

They won't put a CVT in the STi, they'll effectively kill their most expensive car. If they do remove the 6MT (which i expect they might for fuel economy), they'll go dual clutch. They'll get people whining, but a dual clutch would get the current car to 60 in probably low 4s. They wont ever put a manual back because they had so many recalls from the 5th gens, it cost so much money to fix them that financially they won't want to take that risk again.

Honestly a tune to 300/330 would be plenty in that car, and the cvt should take it. I mean, the ascent has a 5k tow limit with the cooler and im going to wager a tow is going to do more damage to it than a low mount turbo with an even boost curve.

And yes, it is a 4500-5k launch to get 4.8..but its still a sub 5 car if you do it right...its not a q50 red sport or stinger GT which both get mid 4s with no launch...but most of that is because it cause it can hit 60 in 1 gear shift, sti takes 2

Edited by Golferdude1087

So I'll be getting rid of my 3.6R in a few months. Going to order a company truck. Will be getting a 2019 Ford F-150 XL SuperCrew 4x4 with STX package with 2.7 Twin Turbo Ecoboost. On a 93 tune with Intake, they make 370whp and 460wtq. Not too shabby, with their aluminum body I've seen owners run mid-12s.

Now if I was going to buy something to replace my Legacy, I'd totally go opposite end of spectrum and get a 2018+ Ford Mustang 5.0 with their Performance Pack 2 and optional Recaros with the 10-speed auto. Priced about low 40s. They've tested them to be less than 2 seconds slower than the $20k+ more Mustang GT350.

The performance pack 2 comes with all types of suspension and brake upgrades. Most importantly they come with 19x10.5 front and 19x11 rear wheels wrapped in 305s all the way around. Grippy Grippy. Would embarrass a S209 or pretty much anything else in its price range.

Yep that was the one, and you are right most owners won't really give it the beans and put it to work like it is capable of. But the STI otoh is much quicker with a launch, and I would hope the owner wouldn't be too scared to launch that, but who knows.

Yeah, C&D broke a half-shaft TWICE while doing acceleration runs on the fifth gen LGT. Clutch dumps I do not!

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15127190/2011-subaru-legacy-25gt-limited-first-drive-review/

I'm curious if they were using a prepared track or just a blacktop, my guess is a track. I've done my share of clutch dumps and have yet to break anything, I have spinned the fronts pretty readily even with the the Conti dws mounted when launching hard, maybe they just got lucky.

• I Donated
They won't put a CVT in the STi, they'll effectively kill their most expensive car. If they do remove the 6MT (which i expect they might for fuel economy), they'll go dual clutch. They'll get people whining, but a dual clutch would get the current car to 60 in probably low 4s. They wont ever put a manual back because they had so many recalls from the 5th gens, it cost so much money to fix them that financially they won't want to take that risk again.

Why in the ever loving f*ck would Subaru put an auto in the STI in lieu of a manual?

Nobody who buys an STI wants an auto. That's what the WRX CVT is for.

And yes, it is a 4500-5k launch to get 4.8..but its still a sub 5 car if you do it right...its not a q50 red sport or stinger GT which both get mid 4s with no launch...but most of that is because it cause it can hit 60 in 1 gear shift, sti takes 2

Uh, yeah, I'm sure it's all about the shifting and has nothing to do with the extra power.

STI: 310 hp, 3441 lbs, 11.1 lb/hp

Stinger GT: 365 hp, 3829 lbs, 10.4 lb/hp

Q50 RS: 400 hp, 3848 lb, 9.6 lb/hp

Yeah, definitely because you have to shift an extra time in the STI. :lol:

BTW, no way can I go 60 mph in first gear in my Stinger. :iam:

• I Donated
he was saying 1 shift, so 2 gears. most every car does 60 in second gear, the STI topping second below that is a huge reason it can't post better 0-60 times but also the reason it feels so damn fast in the twisties
It feels faster in the twisties because it's lighter, and because the suspension is totally unlivable on a day-to-day basis.

Also, my WRX was faster than my SS when autocrossing, but the SS was waaaaay more fun. The STI may be a bit better because of the DCCD, but you had to pussyfoot around corners in the WRX to avoid understeer. In the SS, if it started pushing too much, you just jabbed the throttle. So even though the WRX did better times, it was boring.

It feels faster in the twisties because it's lighter, and because the suspension is totally unlivable on a day-to-day basis.

Also, my WRX was faster than my SS when autocrossing, but the SS was waaaaay more fun. The STI may be a bit better because of the DCCD, but you had to pussyfoot around corners in the WRX to avoid understeer. In the SS, if it started pushing too much, you just jabbed the throttle. So even though the WRX did better times, it was boring.

yea I'm sure it has nothing to do with the close ratio box. they definitely don't use those on rally cars

Yeah, C&D broke a half-shaft TWICE while doing acceleration runs on the fifth gen LGT. Clutch dumps I do not!

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15127190/2011-subaru-legacy-25gt-limited-first-drive-review/

I never dump the clutch in any car, always slip the clutch. I can't remember anyone on this forum break the half shafts in 5th Gen GT. I more worried about breaking the 6MT transmission which some had done with bigger turbo's.

• I Donated
yea I'm sure it has nothing to do with the close ratio box. they definitely don't use those on rally cars

I'm sure it has something to do with the gear ratios. I'm also fairly sure it has way more to do with the lighter weight and stiff suspension. The STI has higher cornering speeds than something like the Stinger around a racetrack, regardless of the speed of acceleration out of those corners. I don't see why that would be any different on a twisty road. And the gearbox doesn't affect how fast you can go around a corner, with the exception of the way the diff(s) allocate power coming out of the output shaft.