LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

i put on a set of pilot sport 4, and got a nail within days.

i believe i have the tiniest little leak. it is about 1# lower after 5 days. i hope it is sll in my mind.

your luck I swear..you put the best tires on the market on..the grip was markedly better..no?

your luck I swear..you put the best tires on the market on..the grip was markedly better..no?

slightly... sidewall is not as strong as I desire

should sit better on 9.5"...less roll.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Jeez. How wide are you tires and current wheels?

I went to 18x8" wheels and 225 then 235 tires and tires were so stretched they look like tank treads from behind.

stretched or bulging with 235 on 8"? 225 was plenty on 17x8 on my 3.6r.

ps4 is about as square as rt615k used to be on my wrx. additional 1/4 inch wheel on each side should help response a little.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I went to 18x8" wheels and 225 then 235 tires and tires were so stretched they look like tank treads from behind.

I'm running 245/40 on on 8" wheels..so much better and perfect

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

My 225/50R18 looks pretty square on my 18x8 wheels...

I think some of the crispness on turn in depends on how stretched the tire is but a lot of it is how firm the sidewall is. I ran two or three sets of Kumhos on my wheels, 225 and 235. I raced karts so I love quick turn in. Those tires provided it on 8" wheels. And no bulging!!!

Yesterday I chatted with a friend who is a sales manager at dodge. We are working out some prices on a cheap lease. Im thinking charger or challenger scatpack. He told me he just leased a 19' Cherokee Limited for $229 a month with $459 out of pocket, so that leads me to believe a sub 300 lease would be possible. One can hope :)

Who wants to buy an 08 LGT with built motor and sti 6 speed, fresh paint job, albero front end spec b interior and edm center console? lol

• 2 months later...

Niiiice. Are you going to tune it? I’d be all over the APR Plus tune that includes a powertrain warranty at select VW dealers.

https://www.goaprplus.com/#golf_r

My LGT is only at 83K so hopefully many years of service to come. If I had to replace it today, I’d consider a Golf Alltrack SEL 6MT 1.8TSI with the APR tune. Although I’m not sure the back seat would be big enough for my needs....

i believe the big turbo from equilibrium tuning fits your car. that and downpipe and exhaust (with tune of course) is good for 400+ whp on 91.

Niiiice. Are you going to tune it? I’d be all over the APR Plus tune that includes a powertrain warranty at select VW dealers.

https://www.goaprplus.com/#golf_r

My LGT is only at 83K so hopefully many years of service to come. If I had to replace it today, I’d consider a Golf Alltrack SEL 6MT 1.8TSI with the APR tune. Although I’m not sure the back seat would be big enough for my needs....

APR+ isnt enough power for the $$, if APR stage 2 was warrantied, sure id jump. At 350 miles i did springs, sways, intake, and JB4 on map 6. Fast enough for me for right now, until I get the urge to do more. Need to keep the clutch in good shape for a while.

Having real trouble these days with the move away from manuals. Something always comes up though when I'm looking for a new car. Getting harder by the year to find a suitable upgrade.

1990 Toyota MR2 GT

2005 Subaru Legacy 3.0R 6MT

2018 Suzuki GSXR750

Having real trouble these days with the move away from manuals. Something always comes up though when I'm looking for a new car. Getting harder by the year to find a suitable upgrade.

1990 Toyota MR2 GT

2005 Subaru Legacy 3.0R 6MT

2018 Suzuki GSXR750

I feel the same. I'm (finally!) in a place in my life where I could get a new car, but nothing really appeals to me. Everything feels like it would be a downgrade from the LGT in one way or another. It's so cool to have a quick, manual, AWD car that I can get down roads with Jeeps and F150s. If the next Legacy had the 2.4 turbo from the ascent, or even the 2.0 from the WRX, I think that would be my next car.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. With it sharing parts with the Civic, I'm sure there will be plenty of aftermarket upgrades available... and you won't have to drive a Civic to get them. If only it had AWD, it would be a no-brainer to me.

For the money, I would choose the 4runner TRD. That ancient, gas guzzling 4.0 V6 will never die. But I wouldn't want to daily either of them, I'm a car guy.

I think a raised WRX would be cool, but I'm not a big fan of the WRX crowd.

I guess I'll keep the LGT for another year at least.

• I Donated

I did like the Accord 2.0T Sport with the manual. It was my second choice, behind the Stinger. If my wife had vetoed the higher cost of the Stinger, I probably wouldn't have been totally unhappy with the Accord. :lol:

Definitely not going back to a WRX though, and I drive too aggressively to have a truck as a DD.

Sat in the Stinger again, and wife and kids just didn't like it, and said it's a little cramped. Well, we are kinda tall (6'1", wife is 5'9", kids are 5'5" and 5'1" and both still growing, will probably both be around 5'10") and not

exactly skinny, but still. :iam:. Alas, M3 was also ruled out due to lack of space. They like S4/S6, but those are so expensive (no good lease deals) and not exactly reliable.

LGT seems to hit that perfect mix of "enough room" and "not huge". They were ok with the Charger we sat in, although I'd really love an AWD SRT (and not Durango / GC). Still one more try of Q50 at some point, but for now, I'm going to upgrade the LGT a bit and see if I can enjoy it for another year or two (just passed smog) - the wagon is so convenient. Maybe an X3M40i - I hear it drives nice. Or that X3-M (whatever it's called) when it comes out.

(probably starting to get repetitive)

E63 is just a little OUT of the budget. Unless used, in which case, reliability is the question.

• I Donated

The S4 is likely to be smaller than the Stinger. I couldn't even fit in the backseat of the S5 Sportback (I am also 6'1"). The Stinger is definitely more cramped in back than the S6, but the S6 is also super expensive. I wouldn't worry about reliability as much -- most Audis built in the past 5-10 years are going to be more reliable than 4th gen LGTs -- but cost to run is definitely high. My mom's 06 A4 was decently reliable, but in the rare instances when shit did break, it was $2000+ every. single. time. The final repair bill before we sold it in late 2016 was $4300 (covered by extended warranty, thank god) on a car that was only worth ~$5000.

If you're at all interested in BMW SUVs (which, BTW, are going to be less reliable and more expensive to repair than Audis), you should check out the SQ5.

Of course, the 4th gen LGT isn't exactly huge, either. No more room than the Stinger, IMO. The Q50 is also small.

After building my new home and moving in around April of next year, gonna concentrate on saving for an RS3!! I can’t stop thinking of one with basic mods, bringing to Bren’s Tuning and getting close to 500whp!! And that 2.5 5cyl sound.... cmon now!!!

96f1a8b5b1253be7a730ec7fa67b1680.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by wrxwhit