LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

The BRZ would be the performance variant for a commuter or for fun weekends, I mean you aren't out hooning with your family strapped in the back are you?

No, but if I'm taking the kids to school, then I can have a little fun on the way back. Similarly, if I'm picking the up from somewhere.. I do a lot of pick-up/drop-off type trips. Can't use the BRZ there..

The 1-2 trips to/from work per week often have too much traffic to have much fun. Not always, but often.

And, if it's a fun car, I can always take it to the track, if I find the time, and KNOW what I have. If I drove the BRZ 6-8 times/year, no way I'd get past 6/10ths.. Be cheaper to pay $1-2k/weekend to rent a race car.

I read a hundred reviews. I get the theory. I even admire what they accomplished. But I do not like the BRZ ... at all

Give me a ragged old S2000 that revs to 9,000 any day over a BRZ!

In a two-car Dad garage, I was contemplating: put the main cash on the people mover (flex, Tahoe etc) and scrape together a ragged old weekend toy (s2000, old wrx)? Or the reverse?

In the end, I don't want / can't maintain the hassle of two cars, so I went with the one quick everything-car

Not disappointed although I can sniff a manual Corvette down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My point was you can get a family car and a track car for the money a flex costs. And you should consider the weight of a BRZ before talking about the power. It's still quicker than many cars and will outrun most anything on a twisty track.

And depreciation...[emoji33]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I am a Subaru fan 100%, but I think my toaster can outrun a BRZ

Balanced, but ... gutless

A stock BRZ will do 60 in under 7 seconds, which isn't that fast by today's standards, but is definitely quick enough to outrun most traffic. It's light, RWD, and makes over 200 horsepower. Methinks you're spoiled by turbo torque. Or, you have a very quick toaster!

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

The irony is the BRZ gets to 60 as quickly as a flex does with two less cylinders and 2 less turbos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

All the stats in the world wouldn't convince me into a BRZ, but, to each his own I guess.

In any case no one cross shops a BRZ and a Flex.

I like my rye bread in five secs or less :)

Edited by DadSled

No, but if I'm taking the kids to school, then I can have a little fun on the way back. Similarly, if I'm picking the up from somewhere.. I do a lot of pick-up/drop-off type trips. Can't use the BRZ there..

The 1-2 trips to/from work per week often have too much traffic to have much fun. Not always, but often.

And, if it's a fun car, I can always take it to the track, if I find the time, and KNOW what I have. If I drove the BRZ 6-8 times/year, no way I'd get past 6/10ths.. Be cheaper to pay $1-2k/weekend to rent a race car.

BTW ... why only the way back ? :confused:

The more I look at the Q50 red sport, and td drive them, the more I fall in love. Its a 380 whp car off the lot, its AWD and can be had for upper 30's with 10k miles on it. With A few aftermarket mods (intake, exhaust, even raised boost a few lbs) its pushing nearly 500 wheel. To me its clear cut my next car, the question is just when

BTW ... why only the way back ? :confused:

'cause my kids are in the car on the way TO school?

Depends, actually. Oldest daughter is autistic/aspergers and doesn't like "fun" driving. Youngest daughter might still end up as a stunt driver, so if it's just her in the car, I'm good to go..

I wrecked my beloved '05 LGT wagon on Father's Day morning (applause, please ... I know)

Salvaged the wheels n tires, and car was totaled by insurance. Bought a 2015 Twin Turbo (sorry, EcoBoost) Ford Flex in dark green

I have my reasons ... but what does the forum think? crucify? commend? forgettable?

I know I'm late but until someone spend a decent amount of time in one- who cares what they think.

I love the space and it gets up and goes, handles much better than an SUV.

I added Sync 3 to my 2014 so that eliminates my biggest complaint with it.

The more I look at the Q50 red sport, and td drive them, the more I fall in love. Its a 380 whp car off the lot, its AWD and can be had for upper 30's with 10k miles on it. With A few aftermarket mods (intake, exhaust, even raised boost a few lbs) its pushing nearly 500 wheel. To me its clear cut my next car, the question is just when

Hmm. Any links on tunes, etc? It seemed to me the engine was already pushing near the max, with the fancy turbo, etc..

I'm not sold on Infiniti's reliability or performance creds, I would look at the Genesis too if I were in the market.

Hyundai just pulled the plug on Genesis in the UK because in 4 years they only sold something like 50 in that country. LOL!

Probably didnt fit on most streets or in most parking spaces, for the UK that is a massive car!

I'm not sold on Infiniti's reliability or performance creds, I would look at the Genesis too if I were in the market.

Agreed

Not terrible, but not sold. I haven't enjoyed Infiniti driving dynamics each time I've tried them

I know I'm late but until someone spend a decent amount of time in one- who cares what they think.

I love the space and it gets up and goes, handles much better than an SUV.

I added Sync 3 to my 2014 so that eliminates my biggest complaint with it.

Yeah the biggest surprise every single day I climb into it is the handling

I just did a little research on the Sync 3 upgrade, looks easy enough DIY but pricey. $2100 at 4dtech am I right?