LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

That further reinforces the fact mustangs are good for like 2gens then dogshit for a few years then good again. 3rd gen ugly, 4th good. 5th bad, 6:7good. Now 8th bad again

I think if you measure purely by performance the newest mustang is the best yet, the older ones were underpowered and underperforming IMO.

There's a guy I follow on Instagram that has a 16 mustang GT and just put better tires on it and beat everyone in his class at autox. That's pretty impressive. Performance wise I'll agree, they're a sweet piece. Local guy here had a brand new m3 and drove the gt350 and said for the 100g he'd spend again he'd pick the mustang instead.

I want to test drive one, seems the v6 days are over with for Ford. So a sub20g offer for one will be popping yup quite a bit.

That further reinforces the fact mustangs are good for like 2gens then dogshit for a few years then good again. 3rd gen ugly, 4th good. 5th bad, 6:7good. Now 8th bad again

Not sure how you're lining up the generations here - the 2015-up S550 chassis is generally referred to as the 6th gen.

What I can tell you is that even the previous-generation S197 (2005 - 2014) has a lot of potential, and it responds well to basic wheel/tire/suspension upgrades. I've datalogged 1.3x lateral g's in my '08 GT at my home track on true street tires (as opposed to autocross-intended 'specials' like the RE71R and Rival S or weenie R-compound tires like the R888 and PSC2).

Norm

Not sure how you're lining up the generations here - the 2015-up S550 chassis is generally referred to as the 6th gen.

What I can tell you is that even the previous-generation S197 (2005 - 2014) has a lot of potential, and it responds well to basic wheel/tire/suspension upgrades. I've datalogged 1.3x lateral g's in my '08 GT at my home track on true street tires (as opposed to autocross-intended 'specials' like the RE71R and Rival S or weenie R-compound tires like the R888 and PSC2).

Norm

Now I am curious, have you ever logged the Legacy?

To date, no. Never had it on the track - it was her DD until she retired so I guess it's still nominally hers. Not hard to guess how it goes from there.

But I'm reasonably certain that it's seen 0.8x laterally based on some street-ish datalogging in the Mustang. Miss Daisy she's not, so Miss Daisy's chauffeur I'm not.

Norm

Edited by Norm Peterson

You have to convince yourself it's a disposable car. My buddy picked up a base model '02 convertible TT with ~120k on it a couple years ago for $3,500. He drives it a few thousand miles a year when it's nice out. I think he's had to replace a wheel bearing.

Ya early 2000s.

Sorry dad, I'll listen to you:( we're still in renting mode with the thoughts of moving this fall to maybe Phoenix. Right now it's all talk, so I'm paying off debt like crazy. Be proud to say I'll have over an 800 credit score by the age of 30

You have to convince yourself it's a disposable car. My buddy picked up a base model '02 convertible TT with ~120k on it a couple years ago for $3,500. He drives it a few thousand miles a year when it's nice out. I think he's had to replace a wheel bearing.

This one is 3500$ 131k AWD,5spd, very. 1 owner. Then another is only fwd, little nicer with options for 4200$ with 91k 5spd. Both just the standard 1.8 (180hp)

Ya early 2000s.

Sorry dad, I'll listen to you:( we're still in renting mode with the thoughts of moving this fall to maybe Phoenix. Right now it's all talk, so I'm paying off debt like crazy. Be proud to say I'll have over an 800 credit score by the age of 30

Yooo good credit late-20-somthing's /brofist (30 in a week :( ). I think I'm around 740-780 or something right now.

Just want to say that Phoenix is an absolutely lovely place. Vacationed out there with a group of friends for a music event October 2015. The weather was immaculate (a bit hot) but beautiful every day.

We checked out a nearby Cactus Garden tourist spot one day that was beautiful (can't remember the name). The day after the event, we drove to the Grand Canyon, stayed until nightfall, and headed back by way of Flagstaff to visit a friend of mine who I haven't seen in years. Halfway through that drive back, we stopped in the middle of the desert to admire the stars. Having lived in suburban Chicago all my life, it was like nothing I had ever seen. It was so dark and so quiet, and so much more of the night sky was visible. You could see millions of stars instead of the average 40-50 I'm used to, and tendrils of the Milky Way clouds. It was awe-inspiring, would love to be able to see that every day.

Also, Phoenix's highway system is really nice to drive on from what I experienced. A lot of long, smooth, sweeping corners. Wonderful city, Phoenix.

We lived in Yuma, AZ for about five years, which is west of Phoenix on the CA-AZ border. My wife always loved AZ and keeps talking about moving back there someday. I'm actually flying her to Phoenix this afternoon and then driving her to a fancy lodge in Sedona for her birthday this weekend -- it's a surprise, so don't tell her. ;)

Of course, this just happens to be the one weekend out of the year when it's going to be raining the whole time...it's actually going to be colder in Sedona than where we live in CO...plus snow... :mad:

This one is 3500$ 131k AWD,5spd, very. 1 owner. Then another is only fwd, little nicer with options for 4200$ with 91k 5spd. Both just the standard 1.8 (180hp)

Test drive both. The fwd may be more entertaining in daily driving due to the lighter weight and occasional torque steer. At least my buddy's is compared to his daily A4 1.8tq

No trout fishing in Phoenix.

We both do love to fish. The atmosphere of the city I liked compared to big old sky scrapers making you feel like you're trapped. Granted I like Boise because you have the hometown feel of the west. Outdoors access to just about any activity with 1+2hrs. Phoenix appeals to her mainly due to weather along with that the commute to Vegas or the coast is less than 5-6hrs. Sporting events would be much better too since I'm big into baseball and she's into basketball. I'm sure we could find happiness in what's there to offer. I think she'll be the one having a harder time transitioning to somewhere new, whereas I've traveled a lot and lived east coast and west so all that doesn't bother me. As long as we're near good people, shouldn't be a problem.

Phoenix is not where you go if you expect access to water.

That's just not true. You can hit up the Verde and Salt rivers without even leaving town. Bartlett lake has great bass fishing and is only 45 minutes out of town, although I prefer Saguaro lake, which is farther out.

http://www.thearizonafishingguides.com/watersBartlett.htm

S2: if you move out here, PM me and I'll buy you a beer and we can chit chat about some of the cool Phoenix stuff. All anyone ever thinks of is the heat and desert.

EDIT: What outdoorsy stuff are you into? We like to hike, kayak, rock climb, and canyoneer; and we sometimes get to do some big water rafting. That's all within a couple of hours of the city btw

Edited by Sarang