LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

I bought a brand new 2005 Kia Spectra with like 43 miles on it. My in-laws bought it a few years ago, and it just turned over 200k less than a month ago. We had a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee that had 192k when we sold it.

There is still the 100k stigma with cars these days. So much so that interest rates go up once they hit that threshold.

I'd be ok with a normal car past 100K, I'm not sure you can get 200kmi from a turbo car without a major breakdown.

I'd be ok with a normal car past 100K, I'm not sure you can get 200kmi from a turbo car without a major breakdown.

Maybe no major breakdown is possible, but there will be a loss in performance and probably some more oil burning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

That's not original...kind of disappointed by that statement. If you would have said " I think I will build a sleeved EZ30 with twin turbos...":wub:

Lol! Dont care about being original. LS swap would be way more amazing in a 5th gen than an EZ30.

No it wouldn't. You're essentially building your version of a GTO or SS. Because it won't be awd, so what's the point just another overpowered rwd...

Stronger motor and a stronger transmission. AWD is not a necessity. To me it's amazing and that's all that matters. Plus, built H6's are usually not worth the squeeze.

Stronger motor and a stronger transmission. AWD is not a necessity. To me it's amazing and that's all that matters. Plus, built H6's are usually not worth the squeeze.

Awd is what makes the platform, how many built H6s have you encountered? Me, not one. Closest I have seen first hand was an EG33 swapped forester.

It's not about money, how much money does one drop on a 2.5 before it finally goes...its about improving on something Subaru built to make it better/faster/stronger.

I have seen a big block chevy stuffed into a Fiero, and that was cool and took a lot of ingenuity...but putting a Chevy engine/transmission into a subaru, you may as well just slap a Subie badge on a Camaro and call it good.

Not to mention, when all is said and done, you could have just bought a LS equipped rwd sedan and been much farther ahead performance and dollar wise.

What is the trademark answer when someone wants to turbo a 2.5i? "Sell it and buy a GT". Yet somehow that doesn't apply with this?

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-ford-fusion-sport-first-drive-review

Well here it is. Sin e Ford is killing the game with the Focus ST already. Bring in the family sport sedan market

Yeah, if my car is totaled tomorrow, the Fusion is the first car I'll check out. Doesn't look like Cobb is supporting the Fusion (the most recent map I could find is from 2014). That might change though if the Fusion is challenging STIs.

What's everyone's thoughts on the Audi s4? Seems like the transition year from belt to chain meaning 04-05 models are fairly reasonably priced for a 4.2l v8???

Decent power and torque. Probably more reliable that a turbod car

What's everyone's thoughts on the Audi s4? Seems like the transition year from belt to chain meaning 04-05 models are fairly reasonably priced for a 4.2l v8???

Decent power and torque. Probably more reliable that a turbod car

Is there a non-turbo s4?? I need to do a little googling...

Tough thing about audis is the maintenance and parts cost. Might push you to do your own work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't the 4.2 the engine that needs de-carbonizing of the valves fairly regularly? I don't know if I would call tearing down an engine every couple years, a more reliable prospect than a turbo car.

Apparently its a timing chain problem not carbon on the valves...even better! Good thing they put that timing chain in an easy to reach location...:)

Edited by FLlegacy