LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

I still keep the Dodge Magnum AWD Hemi Wagon in mind if I can find one in decent shape and not loaded with miles. SRT8 below, but still that platform's wagon. :wub:

http://www.carsonelove.com/uploads/2013/10/2008_dodge_magnum_srt8-pic-8760.jpg

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

There was an awd charger available in a v8 but no longer, I wouldn't trust it to last either...

Ford may have upped their reliability, but so has everyone else...I would venture to say they are probably not much higher in rankings than they were before their turnaround but I could be wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

There was an awd charger available in a v8 but no longer, I wouldn't trust it to last either...

Ford may have upped their reliability, but so has everyone else...I would venture to say they are probably not much higher in rankings than they were before their turnaround but I could be wrong.

My friend tuned his Hemi mangum n she's over 150K but he's also restoring a 74 dart swinger so he knows how to work on cars inside and out making the longevity point moot lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Edited by Golferdude1087

My friend tuned his Hemi mangum n she's over 150K but he's also restoring a 74 dart swinger so he knows how to work on cars inside and out making the longevity point moot lol

But it does get to the point where you just can't trust the car to go where and when you want it to. So reliability does factor in. Our tribeca crossed 150k miles on our trip up to Tennessee and I was nervous going all the way up there in it.

I have friends with over 200K, some more than 250K on their Tribecas. No issues whatsoever beyond normal maintenance.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

The Tribeca has been a great vehicle! When the next 7 seater comes out we will decide where we go from the tribeca. Maybe nowhere until it dies, lol.

Edited by FLlegacy

Is there a specific model year you are deeming to be slow? All but two have sub 5 sec 0 to 60 and 12.x 1/4 mile times. Not slow by my reckoning. And they can handle...

I honestly do not remember what year but it was a dog off the line and didn't get going until 4th gear. My co-workers 01 S4 would blow the doors off the Cayman in a heartbeat and he's only putting down around 375 to the wheels.

I honestly do not remember what year but it was a dog off the line and didn't get going until 4th gear. My co-workers 01 S4 would blow the doors off the Cayman in a heartbeat and he's only putting down around 375 to the wheels.

Considering the 01 S4 only put 250 to the crank, he's got some def oomph added

The newest cayman only maxes at 385 crank, so it should destroy it

You don't buy a Porsche to make it a drag car, I guarantee you your buddys S4 wouldn't hang with the Cayman on a road course. If I wanted a drag car, the Porsche would never make it on my list.

One thing i've considered is a legally imported RHD vehicle... This company has always sold really clean examples of JDM vehicles that are 100% legal in US due to 25 year rule. Prices are reasonable..

https://www.japaneseclassics.com/inventory/

I heard rumors the RS drive train will last the length of the warranty then basically blow up.

I've read that they had this problem in development -- they were grenading differentials and snapping driveshafts. I'm sure they've resolved it before the car hit manufacturing, but I also think that engineers/manufacturers vastly underestimate the abuse their customers expect their cars to hold up to.

I've read that they had this problem in development -- they were grenading differentials and snapping driveshafts. I'm sure they've resolved it before the car hit manufacturing, but I also think that engineers/manufacturers vastly underestimate the abuse their customers expect their cars to hold up to.

When it looks and feels like a video game, people will treat it as such. Drift mode for all the points! :lol:

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

You don't buy a Porsche to make it a drag car, I guarantee you your buddys S4 wouldn't hang with the Cayman on a road course. If I wanted a drag car, the Porsche would never make it on my list.

One thing i've considered is a legally imported RHD vehicle... This company has always sold really clean examples of JDM vehicles that are 100% legal in US due to 25 year rule. Prices are reasonable..

https://www.japaneseclassics.com/inventory/

How can you guarantee something you know nothing about? I guarantee his S4 would beat it on any road course. Granted, he has a lot of work done to it but I don't think I've been in that well-rounded of a car ever in my life.

FLLegacy.... You are correct ;) We go back and forth about our cars and I always bust his balls about Audi needing a 6 cyl twin turbo to keep up with a stock spec b. Of course there's an age gap of 7 years but he has yet to use that excuse lol I'd love to beat him or at least be able to keep up in a race but I don't think that's going to happen.

How can you guarantee something you know nothing about? I guarantee his S4 would beat it on any road course. Granted, he has a lot of work done to it but I don't think I've been in that well-rounded of a car ever in my life.

FLLegacy.... You are correct ;) We go back and forth about our cars and I always bust his balls about Audi needing a 6 cyl twin turbo to keep up with a stock spec b. Of course there's an age gap of 7 years but he has yet to use that excuse lol I'd love to beat him or at least be able to keep up in a race but I don't think that's going to happen.

Sure it will...drop 10k into the motor lol

You guy have some fast LGT's, if you don't want to take step back to a high 300hp 12 second sports car.

Nobody is talking about a new Cayman S. The car I'm considering is a 2008 model. Per C&D, that's a mid 13 second quarter mile. My LGT is faster in a straight line, with just an exhaust and tune. In daily use (not just magazine racing), it feels substantially faster because mid-range torque.

I haven't tracked both cars but my Legacy would likely win around slower and mid-speed twisties (I've got lots of suspension and braking mods, instead of power mods). But even a stock Cayman would dominate a high-speed aero/handling course like the 'Ring. It's got better feel, balance, and aero. No question.

The Cayman is a much better platform for a track/sports car, but it's under-powered. That's why I want one with boost.

Can we put it to rest now, dgoodhue?

Edited by LatentWagen
LW's spec. B / YT / IG

• 3 weeks later...

What do you guys think about the new Infiniti Q60 coupe? I guess there's three versions 2.0t Benz motor ahh but the twin turbo v6 two options it's say one is 300and 400 horse power and optional awd

I wonder if it's the same motor for 300 and 400 how are they getting the extra 100 horsepower?? Possibly could get a 300 lightly optioned for under 50

At least cheaper than a Lexus rc

And boosted

i wonder if it's the same motor for 300 and 400 how are they getting the extra 100 horsepower?? Possibly could get a 300 lightly optioned for under 50

at least cheaper than a lexus rc

and boosted

while the 300 horsepower version is fitted with a single water pump, the 400 horsepower engine uses two water pumps for more effective management of heat when under operating at higher loads. In addition, for the 400 horsepower variant an optical turbo speed sensor gives a 30 percent power boost to the turbo system by allowing the blades to spin faster.

These outputs have been achieved while ensuring an improvement in fuel efficiency of up to 6.7 percent. This represents a best-in-class power-to-efficiency ratio for the 400 horsepower unit.

http://www.infinitisceneq.com/threads/technical-cinemagraphs-a-closer-look-at-infiniti%E2%80%99s-new-3-0-liter-v6-twin-turbo-engine.2607/

I have friends with over 200K, some more than 250K on their Tribecas. No issues whatsoever beyond normal maintenance.

I bought a brand new 2005 Kia Spectra with like 43 miles on it. My in-laws bought it a few years ago, and it just turned over 200k less than a month ago. We had a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee that had 192k when we sold it.

There is still the 100k stigma with cars these days. So much so that interest rates go up once they hit that threshold.

The stigma is founded in historical data, the older a car gets the more likely it is to have a major mechanical/electrical malfunction. Cars built now are more likely to get electrical gremlins than mechanical ones, but they are frustrating to owners none-the-less. Our tribeca is slowly toeing that line, with a volume knob that is failing again and an LCD that fades in any kind of heat. But it runs great! Has 153K miles on it.