LegacyGT.com

need a new carpet

I open the door and its the jungle book....

No big deal, a little elbow grease and some chemicals and i'm all set!

But the carpet on the other hand... it was cream colored but grease and everything else..... long story short, it needs to go!

Anyone know of a aftermarket brand that makes a carpet for the car?

How much is an oem carpet?

I learned my lesson so I need to get a black one, and while i'm at it I can dynamat everything.

I'm not sure you can buy them new anymore.

I thought I read that someone had bought the last new one a few years ago.

I might be able to pull the black carpet out of the OBXT that's about to go off to the scrapper.

It was in good shape if I recall. If you might be interested, I can try to pull it and take pictures.

I didn't think anyone would want it because of the size of the box for shipping so I hadn't pulled it yet.

Edited by Infosecdad

would the obxt fit a legacy ? I'm going to search the internet some time today to see if I can find a replacement. If I can't find a custom fit one and that one can fit, i would definitely be interested!

Yes, it'll fit.

The interior dimensions (at least for carpet) is the same across sedan/wagon LGT/OBXT.

Managed to pull it less than an hour before the scraper came :lol:

No obligation, just wanted to pull it so it was still an option for you.

IMG_6580.thumb.JPG.143fc84b3cb3ccc8a7d3289d3592393c.JPG

IMG_6581.thumb.JPG.45e1d0206509bee1e1397e692ea2715f.JPG

Yep:

- Pull the front seats (those airbag connectors can be a challenge) 14mm bolts

(You can use a torx50 to remove the seat belt or just sit the passenger seat outside the door and leave it connected.)

- Pull the rear seat bottom (just pop it out)

- Pull the lower trim around the doors

- Pull the center console and some of the center dash trim

- Pull out the old carpet

- Move the four white plastic "braces" over (if needed)

- Installation is reverse of removal

Yes, it'll fit.

The interior dimensions (at least for carpet) is the same across sedan/wagon LGT/OBXT.

Managed to pull it less than an hour before the scraper came :lol:

No obligation, just wanted to pull it so it was still an option for you.

[ATTACH]278171[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]278172[/ATTACH]

Wait, you had a second black carpet? I would have bought that from you when I got the sunroof!

If Tehnation doesn't want it, I'll take it.

Wait, you had a second black carpet? I would have bought that from you when I got the sunroof!

If Tehnation doesn't want it, I'll take it.

:lol: Sorry about that, I didn't think anyone wanted it.

I got my first black carpet from a guy that had tried to sell it for a year and was about to throw his away. If Tehnation doesn't need it, it's yours.

I swapped my old carpet out for some better stuff (one that didn't have a huge hole under the gas pedal) just last summer. It isn't terrible to do.

j.

Better stuff? OEM or Aftermarket? Please share any info if possible. Did you have to cut and measure or was it custom ?

I can't find anything aftermarket thats pre fabbed.... I'm not going to cut and measure anything, I just want to drop it in....

Edited by Tehnation

Better stuff? OEM or Aftermarket? Please share any info if possible. Did you have to cut and measure or was it custom ?

I can't find anything aftermarket thats pre fabbed.... I'm not going to cut and measure anything, I just want to drop it in....

OEM. It came out of a wrecked Outback XT that had a great interior.

j.

sorry pyro! done deal lol!

I was hoping maybe yeti had an aftermarket solution but it was oem...

I find it crazy that no company makes an aftermarket carpet for these cars... the carpet for the lgt and 2.5i should be the same, so why not....

Use jumper cables from your other car.

Not sure if that could cause other issues. When I had my engine out, I kind of made it a point not to connect the battery. With all those connections open...

May be "covertrussian" , whitetiger or apexi, would be a good person/people to ask ? oh may be boxkitty too. ;)

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I don't want to put current through the system, when I have everything pulled apart and wires everywhere. I saw a little bolt in the front of one side of the tracks like some kind of worm gear. tmr i'm going to see what spinning it does, i'll take a picture.

There has gotta be a way to move these seats without power...

I tried looking into this, but couldn't find anything without power.

For ideas with power.. Could try to send power to only the seat through the plug, or maybe pulling off the side of the seat with the switch, which doesn't seem to hard. seems to pop off, with one screw towards the back I think. I thought of maybe just sending power to the fuse, but it says "SBF-5", and I think that's a big sucker that powers multiple different things, which you might not want.

In the first picture in the link below, you can see all the plugs under the front seat. After reading the FSM, it looks like the power for the seat should be a "neutral color" plug, with one White/green wire, and one black wire. So either far right, or second from left in that first picture?

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fix-your-heated-seat-106069.html

Looking at the 4th picture down, this one, I'm thinking the one on the far right since you can clearly see green and red wires in the other clear/white connector. I don't think it's the black connector since the FSM says "black" when a connector is black, and the connectors with a star are said to be "neutral" in color. I'm pretty sure the yellow connectors are for the airbags only?

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BnXzQjD/0/68f5cafa/O/i-BnXzQjD.jpg

seatwiring2005.thumb.jpg.6267643e963b51c6d86f2249cf72a4ca.jpg

Edited by apexi

I think the worst you would get is multiple diagnostic codes stored if you connect the battery to do what you need. You don’t have any bare wires do you? I connected my battery a few times while the motor was out and had a couple of codes (speed sensor and trans code) after final power up but everything cleared within a day or so. Do you have more disconnected than the engine harness?

Edit: Do what you’re comfortable doing. If your shit burns up, blows up, etc. thats on you.

Edited by DaveWaters

I have wires for my sound system everywhere, pulled out all the amps etc. to rewire everything. I have a 1/0 gauge wire connected to my battery terminals, so pumping power through that is kinda dangerous without me taking care of the exposed wires, but I guess this is my only option. I'm changing all the wiring anyway so I actually have to disconnect all of it.

But here is the big question which I can't remember the answer to. Do the seats work without the key in the ignition?? I thought they did. Or maybe just one click.

Can anyone confirm? If I don't have to turn the key then cel's shouldn't be an issue.

I'm just going to connect my battery charger to the terminals, hopefully I should have enough juice to move the seats. My battery has been sitting for almost 3 years... its probably dead.

Edited by Tehnation