LegacyGT.com

Does Subaru make OEM roof racks for our cars?

I don’t get why I’m having trouble locating a OEM roof rack for my 2015 legacy. I see Thule has one with kayak holders for around $800 shipped.

People selling oem bars only claim they are for basically every Subaru besides a 2015 legacy (ebay specifically). Some Subaru accessory pages will only say “fits your 15’ legacy” if I select it as my car and will not say it in the description though... I dunno I’m lost with this lol. I just wanna haul my kayak without spending $700-$800.

Can anyone provide some guidance, or does anyone own oem bars?

If you are trying to save money, OEM is most certainly not the way to go. There is a number of aftermarket options though. The one that I found working reasonably well is SportRack SR1010 (crossbars are available at Walmart for $139). SR is owned by Thule and the rack even looks like Thule of yesteryears. You'll have to pick up a kayak attachment separately but I don't think it is very expensive.

If you are trying to save money, OEM is most certainly not the way to go. There is a number of aftermarket options though. The one that I found working reasonably well is SportRack SR1010 (crossbars are available at Walmart for $139). SR is owned by Thule and the rack even looks like Thule of yesteryears. You'll have to pick up a kayak attachment separately but I don't think it is very expensive.

I actually found an oem rack on eBay for $80 + 40 shipping. The description didn’t mention it was for a 2015 until I contacted the seller. Then he said it would fit. Just seems like uncertainty