LegacyGT.com

2019 Legacy rims

What is the substance on all the 2019 Legacy rims on the dealer lots? It looks like paper residue left stuck on when you peel a sticker. How would you get this off?
I had the same thing on my 15' You can get some 3m adhesive remover and a rag to remove it..[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

February 2018 my car arrived and I took delivery the very next day - I was the only one to touch my car after it was backed off the trailer. So I removed the white plastic off the roof, hood and trunk - no residue remained. Some residue remained on the wheels after the clear plastic was removed, and I used GooGone to remove it.

Maybe its a problem if left on to bake in the sun?

I think it is a rite of initiation.

The Subaru faithful will put a little elbow grease into removing that wheel covering glue stuff and will immediately be more attached to their ride. The dealership wouldn't want to deprive us of that meaningful effort.

Edited by waldguy

Guess it depends. I was test driving a BRZ and Forester with my kids when they backed a Legacy off the truck and moved it to the back lot. I said let’s test drive that. We drove it and loved it. They said they needed to prep it. I said just do a quick inspection and gas it up. When I’m done with the paperwork we will take it home and detail it properly.

I’m already planning on my next two cars and will be telling the dealer not to do anything after getting them off the truck. My detailer and I will come pick them up and they will get ceramic coating, window tinting and roofs wrapped before I even take them home. Going to do it correctly from the start.

A corrosion inhibitor called "Cosmoline" is what I have heard a lot people say. In addition to googone like SubieN8 said, I think bug and tar remover might remove it as well. I can't remember, I removed it from my wheels a long time ago..

*To be clear, the stuff I'm talking about is what you usually see oozing out around the lug nut area. Might not be what you're talking about on second thought..

WD-40 will take it off. And unlike Goo-Gone, there is no way it'll hurt the clearcoat finish. I think Goo-Gone has too strong of a solvent. After you get the sticky crud off, give the wheels a nice coat of car wax.