LegacyGT.com

2020 Touring XT on order

My dealer could not find a single XT Touring anywhere in the district so I have ordered a 2020 Touring XT in blue. There must be quite a demand because my dealer said it would probably be delivered sometime in December. Patience!

I will post an update as soon as a more firm delivery date is received.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used autotrader.com and it is showing 100 XTs listed for the entire country. 58 of them are Touring.

I don't think that it is demand as there are two near me that have been on the lots for a a few weeks. Neither are the color I want so wondering if it is worth it to get one out of state.

Took a look around my local dealer while service had my car this week. Only one XT and no Touring on the lot.

Was disappointed to learn the Touring only comes with that uglyassed orange leather, have to drop to Limited to get different color.

And still not thrilled about start/stop. Salesman said the govt is mandating its use so all cars will have it. News to me.

I may have bought my last Lecacy already.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Happy to say -- the 2020 Touring XT I ordered on Oct 25, with first estimates of "January", was updated a few weeks ago to say "Dec 20". Cool. But as it turns out, it was even earlier than that and I took delivery yesterday (Dec 16). Merry Christmas!

Obviously not much to report after only 95 miles, other than I love it and it is a real step up from my 2015 Legacy Limited in so many ways. And frankly, the auto stop/start doesn't really bother me. At this point, I'm not concerning myself with it. Wish it didn't have that feature, but not a big deal.

(Nav system is much better than my 2015. Although I think this was true even the last couple years, not new this year. The voice commands work so much better. And you can now mute the audible nav directions (in my 2015, you could reduce the volume, but not mute all the way). Cool.

It snowed the night before I went to pick it up, so of course it was dirty before even getting it home. Oh well :)

2019-12-17-10_33m.thumb.jpg.466cfaa9044239a82c6cefad49d53b0f.jpg

2019-12-17-10_31_04m.thumb.jpg.2941f469b26dccbfcf89d89cd6e568c8.jpg

Congrats on your Abyss Blue Pearl. Any options you did or didn't specifically want and did you have any restrictions when you did the order?

Just rechecked autotrader.com and two months later showing 101 XTs nationwide (63 Touring).

Thanks. No restrictions on the order. I went with "Popular package #2" and the Wireless Charger. The process was straightforward, if you don't mind the wait. I had decided on the XT, and gave in and splurged to go for the Touring this time. I do really like the inside with the Napa leather. The Touring XT is of course already loaded, so beyond that one package, I didn't spend much time considering additional options.

Happy to say -- the 2020 Touring XT I ordered on Oct 25, with first estimates of "January", was updated a few weeks ago to say "Dec 20". Cool. But as it turns out, it was even earlier than that and I took delivery yesterday (Dec 16). Merry Christmas!

Obviously not much to report after only 95 miles, other than I love it and it is a real step up from my 2015 Legacy Limited in so many ways. And frankly, the auto stop/start doesn't really bother me. At this point, I'm not concerning myself with it. Wish it didn't have that feature, but not a big deal.

(Nav system is much better than my 2015. Although I think this was true even the last couple years, not new this year. The voice commands work so much better. And you can now mute the audible nav directions (in my 2015, you could reduce the volume, but not mute all the way). Cool.

It snowed the night before I went to pick it up, so of course it was dirty before even getting it home. Oh well :)

I got the spoiler on mine. I think it gives it a better look.

Congrats on your too.

SubaruCarBack500.png.8d2f526fb2edff3a4028fc3a42c91868.png

Nice.

Thanks, I got mine on Oct 25 and I have 2600 miles on it now.

I ordered it in July when you was able to start ordering.

Love the car just do not like the start/stop.

This is not the XT model it is the Limited fully load with everything.

How about the performance and why are those wheels so gross? Looks like new honda accord wheels. Who will be the first to tune it? We all know a new car is nice, but usually 1 year or so later that falls off with all the glits and glam.

My experience so far is aligned with all the online reviews I had read (from online sites, not individual owners). The XT has lots of pep and I love that. But it's not a sports car, has a little lag from the start line before the turbo kicks in. But not bad at all, and comparing the 2020 XT to my 2015 Limited (with 175 HP), no comparison. Heading into a hill, or ready for a pass, or whatever -- lots of quickness and ease. Loving the new feel.

And personal taste, but i like the new stock wheels...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m sorry, but these new XT’s are god awful looking. I promise you I’m not being biased as I have a 5th gen. Just terrible what they did with it. Yes the wheels need to be changed out but there is zero appearance appeal imo! Congrats on your purchase and hope you love the car. Maybe it’ll grow on me but I’m not sure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Placed my order right after Christmas. Still waiting, sigh. Blue pearl Limited AT, trunk spoiler, led dome light (really?).. Ready to retire my 2013 limited.

Congrats on your new purchase.

I love my limit with the a spoiler on the trunk. I also got all the light inside and out LED.

• 3 weeks later...

I test drove a Cadillac CT5 yesterday. Great looking car but otherwise I was very unimpressed.

The Legacy is a more premium looking and feeling car (interior anyway) and has far more standard features, irrespective of price. The Caddy was 50k and didn’t have adaptive cruise or lane centering.

Still waiting sigh. Was told 3 weeks ago it would arrive in March. Now we have this corona virus shit. How long would you wait before just moving on?
March isn't over yet.

But then SIA is shut down next week, too. And there's a possibility of a second week.

Only you can decide how long is too long.

Sorry for the delay. Were it me I'd just keep driving my 2013 until the new one arrived.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk