LegacyGT.com

Another blown vf40 for the books.

Have you read the sticky's at the tops of the forums, there's one about blown turbo's and what to do.

Make sure there is no metal in the oil system.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I did. Flushed oil twice. New oil pickup. New turbo. New oil line. Washed out intercooler. New pcv. Only thing I didn't jump for is the new oil cooler. Extra 200+ was pushing my budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did the oil look after the first oil drain ? were there shiny particles floating on the oil ?

FWIW, I have a banjo filter here in my desk drawer that looks a lot like yours. Mine was from 2011.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

You may want to pick up some cheap oil from walmart or other discount stores and some filters and do a few 500 mile oil changes.

Or just put that money towards a oil cooler.

Here's one on ebay for $152. about 5 links down,

https://www.google.com/search?q=subaru+legacy+gt+oil+cooler&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjImvLPkrXjAhUKOs0KHc3XDfMQ_AUIECgB&biw=1264&bih=854#spd=15436311917013333514

Didn't see a bunch of shiny particles in oil on first drain. I've done two oil fill and drains with new filters each times. Just started driving her around a little bit after finishing everything. Gonna do another change in probably 200 miles and go from there. No issues so far. Runs good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk