LegacyGT.com

Bosch DirectConnect Wiper Blades

It was time for my Legacy to get new wipers. I bought Bosch DirectConnect and had no trouble getting them on the J-Hook. I bought some winter blades and want to remove the Bosches. There are no instructions and the guy at Bosch was clueless. There is no lever to lift to release it. Does anyone have any idea what to do? The YouTube on installation has several people asking how to remove them and there was no useful answer. Has anyone succeeded here? Trico is much easier to deal with.

Aren't all windshield wipers pretty much all the same? Since like late 90s? They all come with adapters but I am on my 6th car 3 of which were Subarus and never had to used them. Every time you raise the blade, turn it 45 degrees and pull it off. Sometimes its easy and sometimes its not. And when you put them back on you have to make sure you hear audible click when it snaps on (I lost blade in my Celica because I did not secure it properly, still feel pretty stupid about it)

Aren't all windshield wipers pretty much all the same? Since like late 90s? They all come with adapters but I am on my 6th car 3 of which were Subarus and never had to used them. Every time you raise the blade, turn it 45 degrees and pull it off. Sometimes its easy and sometimes its not. And when you put them back on you have to make sure you hear audible click when it snaps on (I lost blade in my Celica because I did not secure it properly, still feel pretty stupid about it)

Most of the time there is a lever to lift before it will come off. Look at the videos by Planet Subaru and others. The guy at Bosch said to lift a lever but there is none. If it's simply a matter of yanking it off when it's at 90 degrees from the arm, I didn't notice any less difficulty. If someone has actually removed a Bosch DirectConnect, please post how you did it. They are one of the biggest sellers on Amazon - and either a lot of people know the answer or they are all stuck with a perma-blade. They are sold to fit a Subaru Legacy.

Subaru OEM wipers do not function well in the snow as they have a tenancy to ice up

Agree.

I buy the top of the line Bosch winter friendly blades from Amazon or have them price-matched from Amazon at AutoZone.

• 2 weeks later...
I did remove the Bosch Direct Connect blade - it's easy. There's no lever - just tilt the blade in the holder so that the rubber is pointing in the same direction as the hook opening. Push on the part of the blade in the hook with slight force. It slides out of the hook. unlike others, there are no switches or levers - it seems too easy. The way on is the same in reverse. The blade is excellent on the Legacy and very inexpensive. I switch it in the winter for a Trico winter blade. Edited by crisscross