LegacyGT.com

Which Spec B Short Shifter is BETTER?

Currently own a 2007 spec b and was seeking some advice on which short throw shifter kit to buy. I have been searching and came across a few but Perrin and Kartboy seem to stick out and have the best price for the bushings combo. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated :cool:

My spec.B came with a Cobb STS and i like it. I have also ran Kartboy in my WRX they are both pretty good. Kartboy will be cheaper for you and you prob wont notice the diff between each one.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Another vote for the Cobb. You can get the older version which does the exact same thing only slightly more difficult to adjust via the cobb garage sale for half the price. I'm not sure about the fit with the 6-speed but i'm sure they can tell you. The main difference in adjusting is to adjust the throw you have to disconnect the linkage and unscrew the whole shifter to adjust it up. It's not the end of the world. I just did it again in the parking lot at work. I am sporting the torque solutions bushings with it and I really like the way it shifts. I keep switching back and forth between putting the shifter really low and stubby to extending it almost to an ape hanger. With it up it shifts so easy and the throw is still short plus it's high enough that it's not a far reach from the steering wheel. It doesn't look as flashy as the new one but when it's underneath everything who cares? Once you get it how you like it it's set.

• 1 month later...
I have the Cobb dual adjustment on my '08 with the Cobb bushing. I love the feel but it is noticeably noisier, especially in 2nd and 6th. Maybe it's just mine, but that is my only complaint about the Cobb, not sure if the other options are as noisy.

Archived