LegacyGT.com

What is the USB wattage in the 3.6R Limited 2019?

For MY 2015-2017 it's the basic USB 2.0 standard: 5 volts at 500 mA max (= 2.5 watts). I don't know for sure, but MY 2018-2019 is probably the same. You can always plug a USB charger into the 12 volt accessory outlet, but of course that won't provide a data connection to your phone.

Edit: From the respective Owners Manuals: MY 2018 = 5 volts, 1 amp max. MY 2019 = 5 volts, 2.1 amps max (per port ... 4.2 amps total).

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I own two of these to check chargers when I buy them. Note: currently unavailable.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074QCYQJ5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0dPEEbDMZ3YSF

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (54,621 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Quick Reply

Options

Show your signatureQuote message in reply?

«

Previous Thread

|

Next Thread

»

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (1 members and 0 guests)

gathermewool

Posting Rules

You may post new threads

You may post replies

You may post attachments

You may edit your posts

BB code is On

Smilies are On

code is On

HTML code is Off

Forum Rules

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:01 PM.

Contact Us -

LegacyGT.com -

Archive -

vBulletin Optimisation provided by

vB Optimise v2.6.3 (Lite) -

vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

LegacyGT.com

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

For MY 2015-2017 it's the basic USB 2.0 standard: 5 volts at 500 mA max (= 2.5 watts). I don't know for sure, but MY 2018-2019 is probably the same.

For the 2019 it is 5V at 2.1A. See below images taken from the 2019 US Outback/Legacy Owner’s Manual.

It doesn’t show the 2.1A labelling on the two rear USB power supply only ports on the centre console, but on our Australian spec 2019 Outback 3.6R they are marked 2.1A below each USB port. So I don’t know if that labelling has been omitted from the drawing in that image, or if that labelling has been omitted from the US vehicles, or if the two rear USB ports are only rated at 5V/500mA on the US vehicles. The front USB ports on our Outback are marked the same as per the attached image.

713682894_2019_Outback__Legacy_Owners-Manual_MSA5M1903B_STIS-Opt_2.jpg.e324e30c61635b9573b1cd9d6532217e.jpg

779306291_2019_Outback__Legacy_Owners-Manual_MSA5M1903B_STIS-Opt_1.thumb.jpg.dee0b72d7c223c06c3b2ce5e59501170.jpg

Thanks. I have edited my original post. I should have followed my own advice to RTFM before posting. Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Thank you so much for all the help. Gathermewool, that is a very useful tool. Too bad Amazon don't carry it anymore.

I believed I can get a cigarette charger with higher wattage but I will lose the data connection and Carplay feature.