LegacyGT.com

Gloves when fueling car

Under normal everyday conditions there must be all types of germs and virus on the fuel pump. Just think of how many times they are touched. Obviously they are not cleaned. Just want to get feedback. Be well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hand sanitizer is now virtually non existent and if any they will not be replaced. FYI, individuals are exploiting the current pandemic and are selling it on line(EBAY) for extortion prices. Good luck with hand sanitizer.

Under normal everyday conditions there must be all types of germs and virus on the fuel pump. Just think of how many times they are touched. Obviously they are not cleaned. Just want to get feedback. Be well

Even before the current virus problem, I have always washed my hands using the tap next to the pumps for that exact reason. That might not be sufficient with "corona", but I assume it's better than nothing ??

It’s funny that people are being told to stay away from groups or crowded places but yet here is al these people all lined up to get toilet paper,smh

Sadly we also have the selfish idiots here "collecting" toilet paper and food.

What is so crazy is that 8 weeks ago when this country was virtually on fire, there was a great public outpouring of feelings, prayers and cash for those affected who had lost homes and loved ones .... and now 8 weeks later individuals are pushing others aside in an attempt to grab the last 50 toilet roll packs, and the last 25 packs of meat before some poor elderly bugger tries to pick up just one pack of each. :mad:

Today there was one piece of good news from one Supermaket chain ... that they are setting aside a specific time for the elderly to shop where they will not have to fight the "animals" for a loaf of bread or a few eggs.

If it wasn't for the humans, this world would be a pretty nice place.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6679505/woolies-to-hold-elderly-only-shopping-hour/?cs=14231

Fortunately it's cold enough around here right now that everyone uses gloves on the fuel pump nozzle anyway!

As it warms, yes, take precautions. Everything that's a "hand"le will be a potential carrier. At the pumps?

There always been the tissues to clean the mirrors, etc. to use if gloves aren't handy.

Then again the people that didn't get the toilet paper might just be pilfering tissues from the gas stations!

• 5 weeks later...

Way before the virus crisis I've been keeping a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my car, to use it after fueling the tank.

I've been getting some luck going to the Walmarts in my region really early (they open at 7) and last week I as able to get a bottle of Equate hand sanitizer (1 per customer). Employees there told me shipments are getting back to normal. It may be worth going there when it opens.

Use one of your microfiber cloths, and if you dont have one, who are you? lol :)

Just dont touch your face. Seriously as a chronic nail biter my finger nails have been growing well for the first time in 30 years lol :)