LegacyGT.com

Cabin Air filters

To any interested Aussie Subie owners. I've come across a local manufacturer of quality cabin air filters. As well as the product quality (I'm on my second one) the customer service is great. My Email query (regarding direct bank deposit rather than paypal) was answered on the same day, and the filter was received by post (postage included in the price) within in two days.

(as Eric O from SMA would say ... "not a sponsor" ... so I'm just passing it on :)

https://cabinairfilters.com.au/

• Thanks 1

To any interested Aussie Subie owners. I've come across a local manufacturer of quality cabin air filters. As well as the product quality (I'm on my second one) the customer service is great. My Email query (regarding direct bank deposit rather than paypal) was answered on the same day, and the filter was received by post (postage included in the price) within in two days.

(as Eric O from SMA would say ... "not a sponsor" ... so I'm just passing it on :)

https://cabinairfilters.com.au/

You guys don't have K&N Filters Down Under? I use K&N lifetime filter..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You guys don't have K&N Filters Down Under? I use K&N lifetime filter..

Different strokes for different folks I guess ... personally I'm just not a big fan of "washable filters" and "lifetime" claims ... whether that be for filters or transmission oils. ;)

.Shoot, cars never used to have any cabin air filters.

That's certainly true .... then again there was a time when we didn't have synthetic motor oil, radial tyres, or even car radios, so I'm not sure that simply not having something in the past is always a completely valid argument :lol: ... but I get your point.

Again, all I can repeat is ... "different strokes for different folks."

https://www.carfax.com/blog/the-dangers-of-not-changing-your-cabin-air-filter

That's certainly true .... then again there was a time when we didn't have synthetic motor oil, radial tyres, or even car radios, so I'm not sure that simply not having something in the past is always a completely valid argument [emoji38] ... but I get your point.

Again, all I can repeat is ... "different strokes for different folks."

https://www.carfax.com/blog/the-dangers-of-not-changing-your-cabin-air-filter

Well I'm just saying when a stock Fram Filter is 29.00 and a Subaru Filter is 56.00 and a K&N Filter is 40.00 and you don't have to replace it just blow out thw dust and reinsert it.. I'll take the K&N any Day.. Even drop in Air Filters.. Back n the Day they had to add oil, but now they have the dry filter.. People were putting too much on the filters and it was getting sucked down the intake and causing problems with the MAF Sensors so they started making a Dry Filter not requiring the oil..[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well I'm just saying when a stock Fram Filter is 29.00 and a Subaru Filter is 56.00 and a K&N Filter is 40.00 and you don't have to replace it just blow out thw dust and reinsert it.. I'll take the K&N any Day.

Mate, that's the beauty of living in a free country ... we can all do what we want :)

In no way am I trying to convert you, but just in case you and waldguy are interested, today I asked the question to the manufacturer of the filter I use, and got the following reply ....

" ... We all have a place in the market. K&N make a great washable filter and really good quality PARTICLE filter.

As our local bushfires have shown it not just the particles (and I am not sure what K&N get down too in particle size) it's the chemical cocktail in the smoke and in everyday use on our roads that get funnelled into our car that a standard particle filter cannot absorb.

We are the only filter on the market that is coated in activated carbon for the full 20mm thickness and the air has to travel through the full 20mm.*

Some of the new *high quality European filters as well as our Local High Quality filters have a layer of carbon between the pleates but its only a 1mm thick (and the air only travels through 1 pleate not backwards and forwards between all of them)

The Carbon is the part that absorbs chemical , odours diesel fumes, ozone, toxic gasses etc.

Our filters are washable but unfortunately the chemicals trapped in the carbon microscopic cannot be cleaned or washed out .

Its a complicated subject ... activated carbon is an amazing product ..."

K&N washable cabin filter. Will not be going back to a paper filter any time soon.

If memory serves compressed air isn't supposed to be used on K&N. But do what you wish by all means.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Right. Follow the instructions. K&N sells a refresh kit. At the very least, if one needed to save a buck, I'd recommend cleaning with a gentle stream of water and then let it air-dry.

Edited by gathermewool

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where