LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Got some driving in with the new rear sway bar. I didn't hear any noises despite trying to push it around some corners so I think it's on there properly. Hard to tell if I really notice that much difference. The car just feels like it should now, the same as the front. As opposed to the rare feeling I would get of the disconcerting, almost nauseating sense that the vehicle was actually twisting.

Does anyone ever want the stock rear bars? I was thinking of just trashing it because I can't imagine a use for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone ever want the stock rear bars? I was thinking of just trashing it because I can't imagine a use for it.

Don't recall anyone looking for stock RSB. People who return to stock before trade/sale are already done with that, or likely have their own old stock unit.

I think I still have mine somewhere unless I threw it away when going through garage last time.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

This was a few weeks back but figured I'd share, my new daily has a backup camera and while I originally protested at this sissy new gimmick.... now I love having it :lol:

So I got one from Crutchfield and away I went!

I'll likely rewire it to the upper screen later, and will be making a custom shim to adjust the angle but since I know this chassis so well it's more for me to see how close my bumper is while parking /exiting tight spaces (garage etc.)

Note, don't use the bit that comes with their camera, it's shit. I tied in the trigger/power wire to the backup light wire as shown, snaked the cable to the front and it easily plugged into my current headunit.

I took special care to make sure it was as close to centered as possible, their shit bit slipped a mm perhaps but my OCD isn't THAT bad.

20191226_171003.thumb.jpg.ed905bc3288ffb13b3ec1979b73ce9b8.jpg

20191226_154702.thumb.jpg.bce168bed1ed64f0c5f631e1def5ba10.jpg

20191226_154822.thumb.jpg.660618a15223927172ee39a8eb1eba53.jpg

20191226_154939.thumb.jpg.8ef855ac19f0f7cf28e9a9b3caa16d82.jpg

20191226_155932.thumb.jpg.411a00fe7ace0d306c3ce9085be2fe01.jpg

20191227_172707.thumb.jpg.a4119127eda43210109a42f444c51f76.jpg

20191227_182934.thumb.jpg.2eec58df197dd407ac2ac3a832e31303.jpg

20191226_155033.thumb.jpg.4379de572b6f82845400f06b07291c0e.jpg

20191226_161905.thumb.jpg.4b150b6d1942ea0fe12caa109c8a07c9.jpg

20191226_155920.thumb.jpg.8c14f97b3fe9b9a61ad247b41be6c0a3.jpg

Edited by Kaos22B

Don't recall anyone looking for stock RSB. People who return to stock before trade/sale are already done with that, or likely have their own old stock unit.

I think I still have mine somewhere unless I threw it away when going through garage last time.

That's what I was thinking. Pretty sure they are original stock end links too. It's just sitting in the living room so I'll likely trash it.

This was a few weeks back but figured I'd share, my new daily has a backup camera and while I originally protested at this sissy new gimmick.... now I love having it :lol:

So I got one from Crutchfield and away I went!

I'll likely rewire it to the upper screen later, and will be making a custom shim to adjust the angle but since I know this chassis so well it's more for me to see how close my bumper is while parking /exiting tight spaces (garage etc.)

That looks really clean. I was originally looking at one that bolted to the license plate. What camera is that and how do you feel about the quality of the image?

That looks really clean. I was originally looking at one that bolted to the license plate. What camera is that and how do you feel about the quality of the image?

Thanks!

It's the Crutchfield CRUX CUL 03. Good image quality IMO, but I would go for the adjustable angle one they offer if I did it over again. I'm going to print a shim to angle this one a bit more horizontally to make it perfect.

Picked up my '15+ STi rack today from the junkyard. Looks to be in decent shape, but the RH tie rod and boot are missing, along with the hard lines. Not worried about the tie rod or boot, but a little concerned about the hard lines. Hoping the lines from the OEM spec.B rack have the same fittings and roughly the same shape, otherwise I'm in for a treat of trying to find the correct fittings and lines to make this work :spin:

This last weekend I upgraded my radiator fans and used the same mounting system I've been using on swaps for years.

I had a Mishimoto on there that was quite good (and is FS if you want it) but, my OCD required matching fans that could move as much air as possible (it gets hot over here!) :lol:

Added plus, tons of space between the fans and engine. I have an overflow bottle solution in the works as well.

20200208_200357.thumb.jpg.3b7bbaa691b60d1bc7e67fd0b92e9fab.jpg

20200212_112515.thumb.jpg.1c0660020e4d608c2597dc648e912c89.jpg

Upgraded my rear speakers to Polk 652s, and re-realized what a bitch Subaru makes this task out to be thanks to their ridiculous doors :lol::rolleyes:

While in there I added new moisture barriers I made myself, with new adhesive, and added some sound deadening.

I did have issues with the adaptor brackets from IAtuning at first. They were very helpful in getting it sorted and showing me that the brackets needed to be trimmed in a certain way (I imagine many of you are already aware of this?) and then after it was all done, I found that Kartboys brackets were now available from Paranoid Fabrications. Turns out their Impreza adaptors do fit our rear doors quite nicely (can't speak to the fronts).

20191230_173851.thumb.jpg.d88fefe69e81d8494c27301c18b189cf.jpg

20191224_175704.thumb.jpg.fed2c2c92f7eccd23f8dbdc3adea88da.jpg

20191228_200234.thumb.jpg.d0c0b50fddd855b571ba527887c1bba6.jpg

20200112_114723.thumb.jpg.a4709a560813b6858444af3f3b90a3d9.jpg

Picked up my '15+ STi rack today from the junkyard. Looks to be in decent shape, but the RH tie rod and boot are missing, along with the hard lines. Not worried about the tie rod or boot, but a little concerned about the hard lines. Hoping the lines from the OEM spec.B rack have the same fittings and roughly the same shape, otherwise I'm in for a treat of trying to find the correct fittings and lines to make this work :spin:

I don't have it saved but I believe there's a thread around here that has the details you need.

I don't have it saved but I believe there's a thread around here that has the details you need.

Talking about Underdog's swap thread? That doesn't cover it because new racks come with the hardlines OEM (I just read through the entire thread again earlier today :lol:).

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, there's no separate part number, it's part of the entire assembly. I'm hoping that the lines off the OEM rack on my car are suitable, but it'll be a couple months until I get to that point.

The fittings on the end connecting to the PS pump lines are the same, so I'd imagine the ones connecting to the rack are the same as well, but can't say for sure.

The routing of the lines oughtta be fine. I think snow05gtRI might be talking about my comment - the hard lines native to the STI rack required the PS pump lines to be tweaked a millimeter or two to line right up. I actually didn't even bend the lines per se - I just loosened the clamps holding the lines to the subframe, threaded and tightened the fittings, and then clamped the lines back down to bend them to where they needed to be.

Edited by awfulwaffle

All this STI rack talk makes me hate myself for not doing it last year when I had a very clear (sans engine and sans tranny) engine bay in front of me for couple months.

On the other hand my OEM steering rack seems to be doing OK so there's that.

I should take a picture of my rear view camera and mirror with pics of both feeds.

Edited by SubOperator

Lube, oil, filter, rotate, cleaned air filter and MAF sensor tonight. Had to get a new o-ring for the sensor as the old one was too stretched to go back together.

I put the front driveshaft (new joints) back in the Cummins too but that part doesn't belong here.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Upgraded my rear speakers to Polk 652s, and re-realized what a bitch Subaru makes this task out to be thanks to their ridiculous doors :lol::rolleyes:

While in there I added new moisture barriers I made myself, with new adhesive, and added some sound deadening.

I did have issues with the adaptor brackets from IAtuning at first. They were very helpful in getting it sorted and showing me that the brackets needed to be trimmed in a certain way (I imagine many of you are already aware of this?) and then after it was all done, I found that Kartboys brackets were now available from Paranoid Fabrications. Turns out their Impreza adaptors do fit our rear doors quite nicely (can't speak to the fronts).

I put those same speakers in my old Camry a couple years back. How do you like them? For me, I actually preferred the OEM ones as there was no low-end at all even with my aftermarket Pioneer head unit. I probably needed an amp or a sub in hindsight. The midrange and highs were excellent though.

Finally got to drive through some snow with my winter tires this morning, but the fun was over by the time I got to work. Picked up an 08-09 bayson r lip to see if it can be fitted to the Subaru under spoiler for the jdm bumper and snagged a dual center console.

Talked to eBay this morning and officilly found out that my jdm facelift headlight fiasco worked out greatly in my favor. Get to keep the set and fully refunded. Cracked passenger lens but it came with all the internals and bulbs. and the housings are in great shape.

Nice lighting in the work parking lot this morning. Too bad I'm a garbage photographer.

1.1.thumb.jpg.445226cae7fe3019ea6643b51dbf92a8.jpg

Because it was about to explode, I finally took it down to PIA.

IMG-20200211-233715-919.jpg

Mike worked on it in the parking lot, and found the knock sensor was oriented the wrong way, and super loose. And he cleaned the MAF.

Now it runs super nice!

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Because it was about to explode, I finally took it down to PIA.

IMG-20200211-233715-919.jpg

Mike worked on it in the parking lot, and found the knock sensor was oriented the wrong way, and super loose. And he cleaned the MAF.

Now it runs super nice!

SC

Oriented the wrong way as in upside down?

Got hit with the P1238 TPS check engine light tonight. Thought my FMIC couplers blew loose. Cleared the code and got home no problem. Looks like I got another date tomorrow night taking apart the gas pedal assembly and checking connections.

My 4th Gen Legacy is my true love anyways and maybe this is her way of asking for my attention this year.

I'll need to check if I did that right on wife's Tribeca when I did HG on that EZ30. I believe I did but every so often I believe I hear some knocking. Never registered with Torque though, so may be it's just front metal mesh I installed in the bumper that's rattling.

Since the bolt came loose, it probably just rotated.

They are supposed to be bolted down at a 60 degree angle from the front/rear axis.

(Image found from google search of forums)

cf0d1024d5e96868806f56e69cc07a83.jpg

Oriented the wrong way as in upside down?

Since the bolt came loose, it probably just rotated.

They are supposed to be bolted down at a 60 degree angle from the front/rear axis.

(Image found from google search of forums)

cf0d1024d5e96868806f56e69cc07a83.jpg

I'll need to check if I did that right on wife's Tribeca when I did HG on that EZ30. I believe I did but every so often I believe I hear some knocking. Never registered with Torque though, so may be it's just front metal mesh I installed in the bumper that's rattling.

So it's supposed to point towards the passenger side, but mine was pointing towards the drivers side. If I understood Mike correctly.

The bolt was so loose that it was just letting the sensor wobble all over the place. I think that it might have been put in wrong when they built the engine, as it's always been really knocky. It was just so bad recently, that I had to take it in and see if it was going to come apart.

That bolt is certainly not in a convenient spot!

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

So it's supposed to point towards the passenger side, but mine was pointing towards the drivers side. If I understood Mike correctly.

The bolt was so loose that it was just letting the sensor wobble all over the place. I think that it might have been put in wrong when they built the engine, as it's always been really knocky. It was just so bad recently, that I had to take it in and see if it was going to come apart.

That bolt is certainly not in a convenient spot!

SC

It sure is not, hope I can use my USB camera to check on it without taking the intake off.

That would be tight. I didn't torque mine when I replaced it.

You should know when its tight enough.

THe service manual will have it...in the pictures of the unit and hardware.

If I knew when tight was tight, I wouldn't have so many snapped bolts in my life! :lol:

However, it looks like (from PS-49) that it's 29.5 ft-lb.

SC

Edited by Smithcraft

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited