LegacyGT.com

Help with removing oil filter!

Dear Gang,

I thought I would be adventurous and change my oil for the first time for my 06 SE wagon...tried to follow all the instructions on the L7 .com, everything was working well, except the suby tech must have used a three hundred pound gorilla to tighten the filter on... I have a filter that I had purchased for my 03 GT wagon... and it should be the same for my 06---Part #15208AA100

I took it to my local auto store, bought a wrench cap that fit perfect, but is seems like the filter installed on my 06 is smaller as the wrench slips when I try to torque it loose... I have now tried 3 other types of wrenches... all to no effect...

Please help? Does Subaru have an OEM wrench that I can buy?

THanks ahead of time...

Michael

I have several oil filter wrenches from previous cars. One of my older ring style filter wrenchs does fit the OEM filter and I can remove it with that. The handle of this one tilts downward so you can get it in tight places.

I am sure Subaru does sell a specific tool for this filter.

+1 for the band wrench. helped me out big time
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived