LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on ebay volk ce28 rims from Russia...

So I'm inquiring as to whether or not anyone on this forum has ever picked up a set of rims off of ebay that are located in "Russia federation"?? I have been messaging the guy back and forth and the pictures look legit and I would go right ahead with the purchase except that for whatever reason they only accept a bank transfer payment.

Am I an idiot for even considering this? Do I have any kind of protection from my bank?

Heres a link to the wheels I'm looking at.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/18-Rays-Volk-CE28SL-tags-Volk-Racing-Forged-Volks-Deep-Concave/152766337579?hash=item239195522b:g:KxIAAOSwX9FZN8HL

He changed the amount from what it was originally for purpose of payment as it's not going through ebay anyways so theres that, it was $2600. I am told to do the buy it now for the $100 and then just send payment through my bank.

Thoughts...?

He seems to have a pristine feedback record. Not sure how much that matters though.

It matters none since the actual purchase isn't going through ebay.

I got boned hard on a set of fenders that had the same "used" description. The actual condition they arrived in was much worse than the photos indicated. I got $50 back out of the $300 I spent. Then had to spend $500 having them stripped completely and repainted.

Paypal goods is really the only way you're not going to get burned but like many have already mentioned all the red flags are there. Honestly 2600 isn't exactly a steal of a price either so why risk trying to get something from Russia when I've seen plenty of similar wheels for sale in the US for about the same price

Haha I would buy them for sure if I knew Putin was a tuner, probably a ricer. In all seriousness we exchanged about 6 different messages combined and I had initially told him I would pay 2200 shipped and he agreed so i forgot to mention that. Otherwise i would just buy new but being these are 9.5" width they are like 3800 new if I can find them. I'm on the fence guys cause yes there is the feedback and he has a multitude of other jdm type items in his store so it's not like this is the only one thing he is selling.

Unless someone here knows where I can get a safer set to purchase of either-

Gold Volk ce28le 18x8.5 or 9.5

Or

Bronze Volk ce28 18x8.5 or 9.5

In great condition for around $2000-2200 paid through PayPal then I will hands down absolutely pass on these. But like I said I'm on the fence. Amazing the stupid things we consider for the parts we want. :confused:

It matters none since the actual purchase isn't going through ebay.

I got boned hard on a set of fenders that had the same "used" description. The actual condition they arrived in was much worse than the photos indicated. I got $50 back out of the $300 I spent. Then had to spend $500 having them stripped completely and repainted.

Unless I get different wheels than what is pictured they look to be in very good shape but I see what you are saying obviously.

Sounds like you already have your mind made up.

It's your money and your gamble, but I doubt you'll get any different opinions than what has already been expressed.

I tried to give negative feedback in my case and Ebay removed it because the seller disputed it.

Think with your brain, not your Volk dick. I think you OP are the only one not thinking straight about these wheels.

Dumber men than myself have already long ago bought them, otherwise the option wouldn't exist. At least I sought the advice before pulling the trigger despite how obvious it is that I want them.

Dare to dream I guess.

I can be fairly impatient when I find something i want always looking for that instant gratification. I've never been gotten the better of yet though besides for one time through a member on here lingling who I paid for a bumper with pp f&f and never heard from him again, that was my bad. I may have to wait for a clean set to come up on the forums.

Someone on here has a brand new set that would be perfect if they weren't 17's and its killing me cause I keep looking at them and they are for sale in my state but I know I'd never be happy with 17's

OP I think you should do it. Like you said, eBay has good feedback for him. It has got to be legit. No way eBay would lie. They didn't get to be the most used auction site in the western world for no reason.

And a money order is like a no brainer. Avoid all those Paypal fees that are just there to rip you off!

OP I think you should do it. Like you said, eBay has good feedback for him. It has got to be legit. No way eBay would lie. They didn't get to be the most used auction site in the western world for no reason.

And a money order is like a no brainer. Avoid all those Paypal fees that are just there to rip you off!

See, now this is some sound logic!

And exactly what I wanted to hear! Money order sent!!

Is it actually possible to feel sarcasm from words?

In all seriousness guys I'm sure we've all been here at some point so dont give me too much s**t, and if you haven't well then you are a better man than I. As far as spending so much money on a 13 year old car, it's actually more than half what I paid for the car. But the car was misfiring and I believe needs head work so I didn't pay much for it and I haven't head a chance to dig much into it yet as I'm also building a 2005 sti and time is scarce as of late. Plus I think we are all pretty much in the same boat. This is the fourth gen forum thread and KartRacer if you have a decked out 350z those are no spring chickens. Dont get me wrong I love mine and always will. Prone to rust in the quarters especially in New England and mines a vq35de so I dont have the hr goods but when I bought it as a kid it was my dream car.

Shit, sir, will be given until we see pics of your girlfriend/wife doing nasty things to the Volks. Get used to it.

My 350Z is no spring chicken but I'm not dumping money in it to upgrade it. I bought it used last year with 120K miles with perfect compression and new clutch. I merely maintain it. It doesn't need mods to be fun. Especially not $2000+ wheels. Mine has no rust, luckily.

17x8.5

Which is probably the fastest of any size listed in this thread. If they weren’t bronze I would e already bought them. I just don’t want that color wheel.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I don't have a wife or even a gf so unless u want a pic of me doin the dirty with volks you're sol. Guess I'm just that guy. Maybe that's why I can still get away with spending too much on rims. I like quality wheels and all that other bs. Perhaps I feel it classes up a car that is otherwise undeserving. When in its hay day I loved my Z and it got the best. Clean fairlady z kit, 19" cp-f tuners and so on. Maybe some day I'll be able to afford a car deserving of such things but for now it's my 2005 swp legacy gt wagon. I did previously mention those bronze volks being sold in Ma but they're 17s and I'm looking for 18s.

62857_477144705335_4114761_n-1.jpg.809068fd67f09f9a9161eac433dfb5b9.jpg

I was really just looking to see if anyone had dealt with this guy or something equivalent and actually received the product for sale because I see hundreds of these Russia Federation rims for sale on ebay so I was looking for real world experience. Since there is non, I can pass. Thanks guys, I appreciate the banter though. :lol:

I don't have a wife or even a gf so unless u want a pic of me doin the dirty with volks you're sol. Guess I'm just that guy. Maybe that's why I can still get away with spending too much on rims. I like quality wheels and all that other bs. Perhaps I feel it classes up a car that is otherwise undeserving. When in its hay day I loved my Z and it got the best. Clean fairlady z kit, 19" cp-f tuners and so on. Maybe some day I'll be able to afford a car deserving of such things but for now it's my 2005 swp legacy gt wagon. I did previously mention those bronze volks being sold in Ma but they're 17s and I'm looking for 18s.

[ATTACH]268381[/ATTACH]

My 350 ain't that clean, and it's name is Mr. Peeps as it is as yellow as the Easter candy Peeps. I really didn't want the arrest me yellow but it was the cleanest car I could find with a manual within 500 miles (why the f*ck do so many people buy this car with an automatic? :iam:). But Invidia exhaust which I love.

I looked at two or three others but some the previous owners had riced them out to crap. Not my thing. I spent $7k+ on my LGT wagon, but all on performance, nothing on aesthetics. Stage 2. Brembos f/r. Swift springs (mistake). Konis. Cobb sways f/r. OZ wheels for summer. Rotas for winter.

Otherwise stock appearance.

It was the family hauler that hauled ass.

Archived