LegacyGT.com

100,000 miles on my VF52

Had to put the stock DP on the wagon today, the catless DP won't pass emissions test.

The vf52 has zero shaft play, side to side, up/down, in/out. The inlet hose to the GS tmic was dry, just a little black soot type stuff when I wiped the metal neck with a white cloth.

Going to swing by the dealership on Tuesday and pick up a few nuts and a new stud for the back of the turbo when I put the 3" DP back on in a couple day's.

That one stud under the DP has a frozen nut, so the stud backs out every time. It's been a while since the DP has been off, I just want a fresh nut on there for the next time it has to come off.

Last time the DP was off that I can recall was when the Spec 2+ clutch was installed March of 2015.

Oh yea, that's right the DP was off last summer, the up pipe had to be welded. Just saw the pictures going through my photobucket account.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Since you're on the subject of turbos,let me pick your brain,lol. Is it easier to replace the turbo inlet when you have the turbo out,OR is it still better to remove the manifold to get to everything?

Thanks,Zack K.

I replaced mine easily. Remove the the upper coolant res and move it out of the way. I think I moved the power steering pump also. Just loosen the bolts and position it out of the way. Disconnect all the vacuum lines and turbo clamp to the inlet...then all it took was some turning while removing it and reinstalling. No real need to unbolt the manifold. I've done it this way three times

Understood, i left the manifold also. It was messed up because after i installed the intake, i did a boost leak test and all 4 runners were leaking bad... Replaced the inlet because of a tear. I guess the inlet leak and boost leak were keeping things decent lol. After i fixed the inlet and logged, that's when i knew i had a leak.. so I had to unbolt the mani anyway.. i was able to sneak the gaskets out with a pic set. Thank goodness lol

Archived