LegacyGT.com

Gt vs Spec B exhaust

I know the fit is the same. I was wondering if the mufflers were identical and pipe diameter were the same. I currently have a borla which I love the sound of), but with the new baby even that is a little loud. I put the OEM on and it's REAL quiet. Almost too quiet. I wouldn't mind a bit more sound, but something that still seems OEM. So I thought maybe the spec b was a bit different. Like the STI. I guess I could swap the mufflers for STI with a little modification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I have both cars, they are the same.

Now a wagon has longer exhaust tips, but everything else is the same.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I just want something a little bit more loud, while keeping the nice subie rumble. Was looking into Borla, but anyone have any other suggestions? My cars a 2010 LGT, thanks ahead of time.

I just want something a little bit more loud, while keeping the nice subie rumble. Was looking into Borla, but anyone have any other suggestions? My cars a 2010 LGT, thanks ahead of time.

A lot of the better sounds I have heard are limited to the 4th gen and earlier.

If you have a 2010 you don't get rumble. You have a factory Equal Length manifold because Subaru finally realized it was more efficient. So unfortunately there is absolutely nothing you can do to get the subie rumble without going to the old inefficient turbo set up.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

If you have a 2010 you don't get rumble. You have a factory Equal Length manifold because Subaru finally realized it was more efficient. So unfortunately there is absolutely nothing you can do to get the subie rumble without going to the old inefficient turbo set up.

I guess I'm talking more about the turbo spool and other sounds that kind make up a sort of rumble. That is unfortunate, but I guess good at the same time.

Archived